cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

The Frame TV (2020 Model) Not Recognized by Alexa or Google Home

I have a new model The Frame 3.0 43" television (2020 model).  The TV works perfectly, connects to the Internet, appears in the SmartThings app and can be controled without issue from the SmartThings app. All other built-in online services work just fine (Netflix, Prime Video), and the TV is connected to my SmartThings account.

The problem is that The Frame is not recognized by any of the home assistants, including Google Home or Amazon Alexa (I use both).  Both assistants have no issues recognizing and controlling the other 2 Samsung TVs that I have in the house (2020 model 4K TVs), but they never see The Frame TV.

I have used all the tricks in the book for both Alexa and Google Home (searching for new devices, resetting the systems and rebuilding them, etc.) without any luck.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: The Frame TV (2020 Model) Not Recognized by Alexa or Google Home

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have your full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

The model number is :  E42SAMQN43LS03TA

(The Amazon description is SAMSUNG QN43LS03TAFXZA The Frame 3.0 43 inch QLED Smart 4K UHD TV 2020 Model Bundle 43 inch The Frame Customizable Bezel 2020 Brown)

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

1. The first thing you will need to do is download the Amazon Alexa app from the Play Store, and if you haven’t done so already, the SmartThings app also.
  2. Press on the 3 horizontal lines in the top left-hand corner and then select Skills & Games from the slide-out menu.
  3. Press on the search icon, found in the top left-hand corner of the screen. Type SmartThings into the search bar and press enter.
  4. From the search results, select SmartThings.
  5. Select Enable To Use on the next screen, press on Sign In With A Samsung Account.
  6. Enter your sign-in credentials and press Sign In.
  7. Press on the dropdown menu and select the location of the device, then press Authorise.
  8. SmartThings has now been successfully linked.

Then you would need to go to your Alexa app select devices and go to "Your smart home skills" and you would need to enable it.

If that does not help then you should also be able to, got to Settings > General > Voice and a pop-up should appear you will need to press OK. Then you should have an option for amazon Alexa and would just need to click on it and go through the setup process. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.