JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The return (back) button is not working

(Topic created: 10-17-2020 09:48 PM)
userM6UZVGgTXJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a brand new Qled 65 in and every button works on the remote control except for the Return (Back Button). I've already updated to the latest version. I downloaded a smart remote on my phone to use the back button, and it works properly.

Everytime I press a button on the remote, the red indicator light blinks, but when I hit the return (Back button) nothing! 
Can someone please assist 

(Model Code: QB65Q60TAFXZA) Software version 1401.7

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Try taking the batteries out of the remote and replacing them. Also, make sure that your tv is fully up to date. Last but not a factory reset may be in order. Also, you can reset the remote by taking the batteries out and holding down the power button for at least 10 secs. If none of these troubleshooting steps helped then you can try ordering a new remote at samsungparts.com.  If this does not help please send us a private message with your full model and serial number! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Try taking the batteries out of the remote and replacing them. Also, make sure that your tv is fully up to date. Last but not a factory reset may be in order. Also, you can reset the remote by taking the batteries out and holding down the power button for at least 10 secs. If none of these troubleshooting steps helped then you can try ordering a new remote at samsungparts.com.  If this does not help please send us a private message with your full model and serial number! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userM6UZVGgTXJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've tried all of that. I replaced the batteries, it's updated to the latest version, and I performed an factory reset. 
The rerun (back) button still down not work. I'm pretty sure the remote is defective. How do I go about getting another one?

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can I have the full model code and serial number for the television via private message?

0 Likes
userkb5AI7VSCM
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is also happening to me on a 2019 82in q60. On two genuine Samsung smart remotes.

0 Likes
userGGp4CJuPPL
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is NOT a solution. You should not mark it as SOLVED!!!!

userTDaVpzxXgg
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I’m having the same issues removed batteries and held power button still lights and beeps and doesn’t work!

0 Likes
userBuUJn3oA5W
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

SAME PROBLEM  - BACK BUTTON QUIT WORKING - UN43MU630D Solutions here do not work.  BACK BUTTON ALSO NOT WORKING ON SMARTTHINGS APP ON PHONE.