JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 02-23-2019 08:13 AM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

536 Replies
userZ3vaOqQqYN
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How is this STILL AN ISSUE? This thread was created three years ago and it STILL NOT FIXED? How is it marked SOLVED when it clearly is not.

Im blasting this thread to every news outlet and social media site I can, this is ridiculous that an update has not come out to address this TV turning consoles on or off at random moments.

Figure it out Samsung.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The auto-detect HDMI issue was indeed solved previously with not only steps provided by individual users but an update that went out shortly after. (I want to say it was 1230? But I could be wrong on the version number.) Regarding the TV turning consoles on or off at random moments, it sounds like a similar issue but is not in fact the same issue. I'd be happy to look into this further for you though. Mind shooting me a message here with the model code of your TV and describe what is connected to the TV and what happens when they turn on by themselves?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIiY62MKDZM
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So what was fixed?

Is there an on/off button to turn HDMI autodetect without turning off or affecting CEC?

I see a new 1240.7 just went live today for MU7000, downloading and we'll see.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

At this time, the different steps listed in this thread are the current fix. In looking back, I was a bit wrong in the version number. Version 1180 is the update that created the ability to turn this off using the steps that other users posted in the thread. Turning off Anynet+ will also do away with the HDMI auto-switching. However, I know disabling this will also do away with the ability to control other devices. Currently these are the only fixes available.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIiY62MKDZM
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have installed the update 1240.7 and confirm nothing is fixed.

""Turning off Anynet+ will also do away with the HDMI auto-switching. However, I know disabling this will also do away with the ability to control other devices. Currently these are the only fixes available""

↑↑↑ this is the problem. I the control of Anynet+ devices but i dont want the TV to autodetect inputs. I must be able to tell the TV what profile to assign to an input.

Example: I want a connected PC to look like a Blu-ray, not look like a desktop. I am not typing on my TV, I am running Windows Media Center to watch live TV, Movies etc...
I have all devices connected to a reciever and autodetecting on the same TV HDMI port makes the TV unusable.

0 Likes
userjV47boncKh
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So...I'm on build 1240 and my telly no longer does this.

It would appear that they have fixed the problem in this thread by breaking all On/OFF functionality afforded by HDMI-CEC.

My old samsung TV upstairs turns on and off with the apple TV remote beautifully.

When i got my 8000 it was intermittent - sometimes the TV would turn on wit hthe Apple TV - but it wouldnt turn off. And it wouldn't pass through the ON commands to the AVR - then it started turning the AVR on and off with the apple tv but the TV itself would ignore both types of commands (everything is plugged into the HDMI ports on the TV - avr just does audio).

I Can no longer get my 8000 series to do it at all - been through technical support who upgraded the firmware for me - The support team tried redetecting all of the devices multiple times and when it didnt work - finally said " we cant support all devices". It's an Apple TV 4k! Even the brand new Samsung blu ray doesnt turn the TV on anymore.

Long story short my 2 thousand pound television cannot understand the Apple TV, a Samsung Blu Ray or a yamaha AVR via HDMI-CEC and I have to turn all 4 devices on manually, and off manually as and when i need them after this latest update.

So yeah - they fixed it. By totally removing any form of external HDMI-CEC ON/OFF functionality. Which I suspect that they had already removed and repaced with HDMI autodetect functions referred to as a problem by this thread.

So I'm guessing:
they took out HDMI-CEC ON/OFF
replaced it with HDMI auto detect.
This was a major issue for a lot of people

So they've removed the auto detect
But they havent reimplented the HDMI-CEC on/off functions again.

Really annoyed by this - I stuck with Samsung because this function worked on my previous telly. I just want to tunr everything on and off with my apple tv remote. Waiting with baited breath....

0 Likes
userBFG4YxgAI2
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue! All of a sudden, I have to turn on and off all my devices using multiple remotes.  Lol do I have to buy a fancy remote to control them all? The HDMI autodetect was something I liked. For some reason it just stopped working one day. 😞 

Any update on this? I don’t understand how this is so hard to code.... all other TVs can do it ... 

0 Likes
userpII7Ph91Ls
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks so much for trying to address this @Samsung_Stephanie.

I am working with build 1240 on a UN40MU6300. I have disabled Anynet+ and I am still getting the annoying "detecting device" screen, and honestly, it is occurring now more than when I first got the TV.

I've seen fixes indicating to hit mute, then a series of numbers or channel down then volume up etc

The only problem is this TV comes with a remote that is largely menu driven and has no numbers and a minimal amount of other keys on it. 

If there are other methods for fixing, can you post them in a response? or at least include a URL to where, out of the 50 pages of comments, it is hiding exactly.

Thank you

Michael

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

At this time, the different steps listed in this thread are the current fix. In looking back, I was a bit wrong in the version number. Version 1180 is the update that created the ability to turn this off using the steps that other users posted in the thread. Turning off Anynet+ will also do away with the HDMI auto-switching. However, I know disabling this will also do away with the ability to control other devices. Currently these are the only fixes available.

0 Likes
userPnYk25MY2O
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have Samsung UN65KU6500fxza with the built in Directv receiver. We have a geanie box on a different TV that this TV connects to through the built in receiver. There is nothing else connected to any other input. Every single time I turn the TV off it defaults to the TV input, which is the wrong input. So I have to change the input every time I turn on the TV, which is annoying. I turned off anynet and that didn’t change anything. The TV is up to date with all software updates. How do I fix this...on a side note, we had an Xbox hooked up for a bit and it didn’t do it when the Xbox was hooked up. Hooking it up again isn’t an option. We bought this TV specifically for the built in receiver so we wouldn’t have cables. 

0 Likes
userK492qVfn2A
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am completely disgusted with Samsung customer service.  We had a perfectly good Samsung TV, several years old, that suddenly started flipping between the differing HDMI settings for no reason.  After long confusing talks with Samsung customer service we were told it was broken. We purchased a new Samsung tv (only because we did not want to reprogram the remote) and had the same problem!  After further calls to customer service the led  us through the Settings to turn off anynet, which fixed the issue.  Now in trying to repair the old tv, I cannot locate anywhere in settings to do this.  I do not want to call Customer Service again because they are not very strong in English and have not been very responsive or helpful. I am also very unhappy that the remote has no words and is very difficult to understand, and the physical controls on the tv itself took me an hour to locate and learn to operate.  What is wrong with hard buttons on the TV for the basic functions?  This will be the last Samsung I buy.

0 Likes