JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 02-23-2017 03:39 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

536 Replies
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After wasting a further half hour doing a factory reset at the suggestion of Samsung, guess what?  Nothing changed.  I have now resorted to pointing out their useless 'feature not a fault' on Social Media.  Got an almost immediate response, let's see if they come up with a solution.

0 Likes
DarkWolf
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Where are you doing that? Maybe we can 'add to the discussion' 😈 

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@SamsungUK on Twatter

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@DarkWolf wrote:

Where are you doing that? Maybe we can 'add to the discussion' 😈 

"This isn't something we can amend or change, as you've been previously advised, Alan. However, your feedback has been passed onto the Development Team. ^RS". 

Sounds familiar??

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Alright folks. After reading through both threads, I apologize.

I unmarked the accepted solution and have re-opened it. I would prefer to keep this thread the main communication point since it has more users and posts. 

One thing that I was unable to find in both threads is if this occurs on all HDMI ports, can someone please confirm this?

I would also like for you all to post the models and current software versions that you are running so that I can have as much information as possible.

I can't promise a resolution and I can't say for certain if this is something that can be changed via an update. However, I would like to at least send this information to someone that makes firmware decisions. 

You help me, I help you, let's get this figured out.

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright folks. After reading through both threads, I apologize.

I unmarked the accepted solution and have re-opened it. I would prefer to keep this thread the main communication point since it has more users and posts. 

One thing that I was unable to find in both threads is if this occurs on all HDMI ports, can someone please confirm this?

I would also like for you all to post the models and current software versions that you are running so that I can have as much information as possible.

I can't promise a resolution and I can't say for certain if this is something that can be changed via an update. However, I would like to at least send this information to someone that makes firmware decisions. 

You help me, I help you, let's get this figured out.

I'll kick off with YES, the problem affects all 3 HDMI ports

The TV is a UE43KU6700 and the software version is either 1620 or 1260, but it's the latest available anyway

Tomorrow I will be contacting the dealer to enquire whether they are willing to exchange it for another brand as I can't believe anybody actually wants such an intrusive 'feature'.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks, what country is this model for? As I have no idea about foreign software versions, please verify the version whenever you get a chance. 

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, what country is this model for? As I have no idea about foreign software versions, please verify the version whenever you get a chance. 

It's a UK model.

I'll check the software version in the morning

0 Likes
user0Pic4DgzlX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV is the curved screen UN55KU650DF    Firmware version 1165

Problem occurs on all HDMI ports

SetTop box is on HDMI-1 however is never turned off.  XBox360 on HDMI-2 and Toshiba DVD on HDMI-3.  Turning on either XBox360 or Toshiba causes switching of programing source to the last added port.

0 Likes
Jettaus
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Thanks SamsungGill for trying to sort this out.

Before I talk about my model number, etc., I thought this 'feature' was implemented on *ALL* 2016 Samsung TVs. At least this is what I was told my Samsung Australia.

I have contacted the popular RTINGS website, and they got back to me today saying they tested all of their KS and KU model TVs, and they all have this 'feature'. They have now updated all of their reviews to alert potential buyers about this.

So again, I'm not sure what providing model numbers and firmware versions will do if this an intended feature of all of your 2016 TVs.

However, in case I'm wrong, here's my info:
Model: UA60KS8005WXXY (Australia)
Firmware: I'm at work at the moment so can't get it, but I believe it is 1160. I noticed just now there's a 1165 version dated two days ago. I'll try that when I get home.
HDMI ports: From memory, I've tested ports 1-3 and it happened on all of them.

I've even had a technican (sent by Samsung) come around to my house to check what was happening. He said the TV was working as designed, but said he could understand why this 'feature' would be a problem to some people.
0 Likes