JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 02-25-2017 11:54 AM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

536 Replies
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, what country is this model for? As I have no idea about foreign software versions, please verify the version whenever you get a chance. 

The software version is 1160

0 Likes
DarkWolf
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So here's the information for mine.

Model:

UN49KU7000

Firmware:

This behavior indeed occurs on all inputs. If it matters, I am in the US.

0 Likes
userJSCs6IzzWC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

All and all, I must say my TV works fairly good regarding the HDMI issues.  However, and more specifically, my pioneer home theater system on the optical port and my dish satellite receiver on HDMI-1 does not automatically come on when I power up the TV.  And it doesn't automatically shut the devices off when I powered down the TV either. This happens even though when I set up the HDMI ports (to include auto on/ off)  during the set up,  it would turn on and off both devices. Then, when finished with the set up  and switching to normal operation the TV will not turn on and off the DISH nor pioneer.

So, the problem may be me. I may have something improperly configured during the set up mode.

My TV: UN65KS8000

Firmware: 1162

A big time thanks for looking into this...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Has anyone tried the newest update to see if there is any change? The newest update for 2016 UHD KU 7 series TV's is 1165 and can be found here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2016-uhd-smart-tv-ku7-series

I am drafting up an email right now, so any input is helpful. 

0 Likes
user0Pic4DgzlX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Prior to testing I let my TV update its firmware from 1155 to 1165.  There was no change in behavior of the HDMI ports.  At least not on my UN55KU650D USA model.

0 Likes
Jettaus
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Just updated to firmware 1165. Problem still exists.

Model KS8005.
0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you guys for keeping this going too. I know it seems like we can't do much but we've been actively trying as much as we can. I must say when it comes to non-US models, you may want to continue following up with a support team near you too as there is very little the US support team (That's us) can do. Keep providing the information below, and once we get some sort of update we will let you guys know here. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Sam Soong
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's a global world these days. Not spinning around the US; the real Samsung programmers are in Korea.

But as you are the biggest we hope they listen to you.

Perhaps Trump can make a suggestion in Fox News about it? 😉

0 Likes
Larry L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

As noted in this thread over and over, turning off Anynet+ doesn't do anything.

I have a KS8000 and Nintendo Switch, and the input changes to the Switch at random, as others have stated.

Adding a setting to disable auto-HDMI input switching has to be something that is easily implemented. We spent a lot of money on this TV and should not be having these issues.

I recommend that everyone in this thread send this thread to all tech and/or video game blogs to help get the word out - maybe that will trigger Samsung to do something.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We will forward all of your suggestions accordingly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes