JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 04-10-2017 01:41 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

536 Replies
user0Pic4DgzlX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

SamsungCole - When you say "the people who make all the decisions have been made aware that this is an issue and that several people are not happy about it" shouldn't that be ALL buyers of a current Samsung TV that do anything other than purely watch TV, ARE NOT HAPPY?   That would IMO be more than several, since the solution other than a costly? work around, requires Samsung engineers to provide a patch for us which is out of our control.   Hey here's a suggestion, make the firmware OPEN SOURCE, and we would have had it fixed months ago!!

0 Likes
usereGSTdlz9qf
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can you also please look into the issue when using ue49ks8000 tv with a pc on nvidia card? The tv lose the pc 4:4:4 setting at each pc reboot and reset back to default hdmi with wrong colors. I have to reset it back to 4:4:4 everyday. Having an option to disable hdmi autodetect would probably bypass this issue.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sorry, We can only help with US based devices usereGSTdlz9qf. You will need to speak to your countries support team. 

And user0Pic4DgzlX, I can go a head and tell you. That will never happen. They are pretty tight with stuff like that. Sorry. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userkpRLzwSshO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm also having this issue with every hdmi port - pc, consoles, receiver. I can't believe this is actually not fixable yet on such otherwise great tvs. Would a firmware fix even be that hard?

I would not not have bought this ks8000 if I had known this before hand, can't believe I never read about it in any reviews. I will definitely share this issue and suggest to anyone who will listen or read Samsung sets have this ridiculous issue and won't fix it. Hopefully Samsung realizes how many sales can be lost if they don't resolve this

0 Likes
userQh0Ns73R0S
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue all around.

Chat just had me request someone take a look at my TV, I don't have any idea why they think that will help, but I'm going through their motions so that when I request a refund they do not try to say there is something else I should try first.

I have already spent so many hours trying to fix this... really unbelievable.

If this cannot be fixed I don't see why I would be making any other Samsung purchases in the future. Even now I cannot imagine justifying the risk.

0 Likes
userjW2n2hYY35
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userQh0Ns73R0S wrote:

Same issue all around.

Chat just had me request someone take a look at my TV, I don't have any idea why they think that will help, but I'm going through their motions so that when I request a refund they do not try to say there is something else I should try first.

I have already spent so many hours trying to fix this... really unbelievable.

If this cannot be fixed I don't see why I would be making any other Samsung purchases in the future. Even now I cannot imagine justifying the risk.

They honestly have no idea what they're doing. The TV is fine it's just this "feature" that's screwing up everything and they're wasting their resources and time by sending someone to your home.

I can say for sure this will be the last Samsung purchase for me and my company. The lack of helpful responses from Samsung is bewildering.

0 Likes
userQh0Ns73R0S
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have noticed a pattern with it today.

If I unplug the One Connect box, and plug it back in, the first power-on signal it recieves does not change the source, but the 2nd does, and thereafter all devices that do it consistantly start doing it (Wii U and PC for me.) I cannot recreate this with any other process including TV power cycle, reseting the TV to factory settings, nor unplugging and plugging in individual HDMI cables. It does not matter if Anynet+ is set to on or off to recreate this effect for me.

Can anyone else confirm that this happens to them as well? I hate to put out anecdotal info I just noticed today, but I have spent weekend after weekend playing with all the settings and this is the most significant pattern I've noticed.

On another topic, I am still unable to figure out why my PS3 sometimes switches it over, but sometimes does not.

0 Likes
Richard50
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just an update with my situation that was present on ALL THREE of the Samsung UN40KU6300 models I owned.  All would periodically and for no valid reason at all switch to an HDMI input whether anything was plugged in that connector or not.  The first and second units would usually turn off shortly after switching inputs.

It was suggested it was an owner issue.  I guaranteeeee it absolutely was not.  In fact, I guarantee it had nothing to do with the connectors I was using or any other piece of equipment in my system.   I sent the last one back and decided to go with an LG.  That particular LG had issues with picture quality that I couldn't live with... so back it went.

About the time I returned the LG, Best Buy put the UN40KU6290 models on sale.  Call me crazy, but I bought one.  Turns out it was not so crazy as I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever with the 6290 variety.  Same everything except no problems at all.  I'm thankful to have a TV which has a great picture and controls that don't go berserk.

All this cost me a pretty penny but the issue is now resolved.

0 Likes
userqQpKORZYYz
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sounds to me that the problems you were having were from defective units. The problem you are describing does not have anything to do with what is being discussed in this thread. This thread needs more posts from people complaining about the relevant and very annoying problem that Samsung can fix with just a simple update, not people praising these TVs.

Richard50
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You will pleased to know that I suckered in and bought a UN50KU6300 this past weekend.  Now I have the same/similar problem as everyone else here.   Guess that leaves me wondering why 4 of 5 Samsungs of the 6300 variety have this (or even worse) issues while the one 6290 series I have has no such issue.   Perhaps something in the bluetooth implementation is the difference?   If you find no value in my contributions to the thread, please just ignore them.

0 Likes