JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Two Samsung Smart TVs, two remotes

(Topic created: 12-01-2020 11:50 AM)
CamaroMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We have a Samsung smart tv in our kitchen, an another in the adjacent family room. They are separated by a wall and a short hallway so you can't see tv#1 when watching tv#2.  If the tv in the kitchen is off, and the one in the family room is on, and someone turns on the kitchen tv... the family room tv powers down.  Both TVs have wifi and are on the home network.

Obviously it's something to do with the remotes.  Is there a way that I can dictate that the kitchen tv remote signals are not picked up by the family room tv? Guess I'd have to "program" both remotes to only work line of sight? That's IR right? Not RF.

Thanks in advance for the help.-Mike

42 Replies
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's something with the IR sensors in the televisions, I have this issue a lot in our product labs where there are multiple models. It's like the worlds most annoying puzzle when trying to get all TVs turned off at the same time. If you have the codes for your cable box I think it's possible to re-program. It also depends on the TV model, as our newer line runs off bluetooth and not IR. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
CamaroMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Both TVs were purchased within the last 6-8 months.

The Kitchen TV is Model Number UN40KU6290F

The Family Room TV is Model UN65KS950DF

Youre suggesting that if I try alternate Comcast box codes for Samsung it'll somehow cancel out the potential duplicity of the signal reception from these Samsung remotes?  There's no way to "pair" one remote to one specific set?

That might suggest that if you don't want conflicting Samsung remote signals I'd have been better off buying a Vizio or LG as the second set.  BTW... I'm not trying to be sarcastic LOL.  I'm just confused as to what to do, it's driving my wife crazy.

Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes, Sadly there really is no method to program the Samsung remote to a specific Samsung TV.  As they operate on mixture of Bluetooth and IR, it would be hard to manage one or the other,  if they are in the same vicinity. As both televisions will recognize the coding information coming from the remote, and will try to perform the demand. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userwa7KS3KQ4I
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same problem with my kitchen and living room Tv's. Did you find out how to fix this problem. 

BigDoodie
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes use samsung smart this app.  I just use my phone or tablet to control each individual tv 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

See my solution on my yesterday post tagged IR-remote-fix.

Please tell Samsung engineers to build the IR remotes with a more precise beam that works just where the remote is pointed and not to every TV in the room.

Maybe I should patent this solution 🙂

userGGxOzdkazn
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Finally. And an easy solution. I'm very happy with it. Yes, it worked for me. Thank you.

イحoneBADniNja
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Or tell them to make the pairing feature that is already in the samsung remotes one that bonds that specific samsung remote and make a mechanism that can prevent other samsung remotes from connecting unless their are paired to that specific tv and to unbond a remote, can be as easy as holding the power button on the tv for 10 sec. and this could be accomplished easily as all remotes have a unique DTMF# aka: (ID-Number or S/N).

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for your feedback.  We will forward your suggestion accordingly.  

0 Likes