JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Two Samsung Smart TVs, two remotes

(Topic created: 05-29-2019 03:14 PM)
CamaroMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We have a Samsung smart tv in our kitchen, an another in the adjacent family room. They are separated by a wall and a short hallway so you can't see tv#1 when watching tv#2.  If the tv in the kitchen is off, and the one in the family room is on, and someone turns on the kitchen tv... the family room tv powers down.  Both TVs have wifi and are on the home network.

Obviously it's something to do with the remotes.  Is there a way that I can dictate that the kitchen tv remote signals are not picked up by the family room tv? Guess I'd have to "program" both remotes to only work line of sight? That's IR right? Not RF.

Thanks in advance for the help.-Mike

userRewE9pvdQ4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Completely agree. This is driving me crazy. I have a KS8000 (2016) and an NU8000 (2018) and the only thing that the remotes share is the power button.

If I use the KS8000 remote, it turns on BOTH Tvs. If I use the NU8000 it ONLY turns on the NU8000. Therefore, I am unable to turn on the KS8000 without turning on both. Using the smartphone app doesn't help because it only connects to my NU8000.  

Roku turns on both. It's a nightmare. 

userT22Vtu0bto
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I put a piece of blue painter's tape on the sensor and it worked.

0 Likes
MillerTime522
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Yes, I just bought a 2nd Samsung TV for adjacent room too. One is a Q8 2018, other is Q80R 2019 model. Same issue with power button on remotes. Samsung's Smart Things app is the only solution that I have found. I believe it turns on the TVs through the network.
userEPtJoklxjn
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

hello.

I had the same problem, just a little rubber is enough to narrow the beam. It should be placed around the IR transmitter. 

0 Likes
Samsung_JY9iWfz
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It seems like nobody has tried to pair each remote with their respective tv by pressing return and pause buttons for a few seconds, that solved my problem

userDxmcqauCZo
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Well that sorta worked

0 Likes
Samsung_JY9iWfz
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It seems like nobody has tried to pair each remote with their respective tv by pressing return and pause buttons for a few seconds, that solved my problem 

@MillerTime522 wrote:
Yes, I just bought a 2nd Samsung TV for adjacent room too. One is a Q8 2018, other is Q80R 2019 model. Same issue with power button on remotes. Samsung's Smart Things app is the only solution that I have found. I believe it turns on the TVs through the network.

user1s5KnwNBU8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This was the ticket for me!!!  thank you!

0 Likes
user1YkreZfgng
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An RF engineer showed me this which works. I've 3 Samsung SmartTVs, 2 in one room, 1 in close by that all turned on and off with any remote. So, I added this little fix. Simple but LIMITS the beam pretty effectively. Start with 2cm or 3/4" length of straw, glued into end of old-style controller. I used a green straw, but clearly a black on might look a bit better 😉  

IMG_7632.JPG

userfFwFUGaXRz
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have two Samsung QLED TVs, one is a 2019 and the other a 2020. I ran into the same problem as other users mentioned since the TVs are in nearby areas, either remote can turn on/off both TVs which can by annoying.

I ran this simple to test find a find that you might want to try.

Put a remote in our pocket, so that the IR signal does reach the TVs.

Now try to turn on/off both TVs.

I found that the RF part of the remote will still work on the TV it was shipped with.

If the same thing works with the other remote and other TV... I have a solution for you

Put a piece of black tape over the IR emitter on the front of each remote... you know have two dedicated remotes