JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Two Samsung TV’s Go Bad in 1 Month??

(Topic created: 02-22-2021 11:38 PM)
user7nGlFlOe7M
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The left side of my newest Samsung TV is progressively getting darker. It’s the 65” curved TV (UN65RU7300F). It was purchased less than a year ago and probably doesn’t even have 200 hours of use. I’m a first responder and travel year-round  for disaster recovery, I’m rarely home so I put it in mom’s spare bedroom. This issue happened when I went home for Christmas. I’ve tried all the recommended solutions to no avail, and my sister even went to Best Buy where she was told this is a well known problem with these TVs. SAMSUNG PLEASE CONTACT ME TO REMEDY THIS. 

My other Samsung curved TV (UN55MU6500), which I left at my sisters house (rather than putting in storage) stopped turning on at Thanksgiving... yes I tried all the suggested fixes. The screen just blanks out and flashes with no picture. This TV saw about 6 months of use. I bought the 3 year extended warranty from Walmart which has a few months left, but I’ve hit a brick wall getting them to look it up and was told I need to go into the store for customer service to physically lookup. I haven’t been within 400 miles of that Walmart since 3 weeks after I purchased the TV. I have the bank statement showing the TV and separate warranty purchase (they make you purchase the two separately), but what good is it if they can’t look it up? I don’t get much downtime but when I do I appreciate a nice tv that works, and while I like the Samsung features, It’ll take considerable remediation by Samsung before I buy another.
The number of people posting similar problems with these TVs is remarkable and none with a happy ending despite posts marked ‘Resolved’ which can no longer get comments/posts. I realize curved TVs are a dwindling niche market, but QA/QC and Samsung remediation of obvious defects shouldn’t fall by the wayside. Consumers will look elsewhere. SAMSUNG PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP SO WE CAN RESOLVE THIS. I am on project for the ice storms and do not personally have physical access to the TVs, but my family will be happy to assist. 
EC320862-1CC6-47A5-824C-16A76490853D.jpeg71F69517-EECF-4C6A-B5B7-C794FF6AAD8C.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, 

you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
userscPFErHUgc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the darkness issue as well with my 55", but mine is getting dark on the right 20% of the screen. I'm coming up on a year of owning it. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, 

you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes