JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UE55-JS8500 Bright Spots/lines on both left & right sides.

(Topic created on: 11/11/20 1:02 PM)
userFToNuR1WVy
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

PXL_20201111_034256168.jpg

PXL_20201111_033945654.jpg

I have been having this issue for some time. I wish I would have noticed it before my warranty was up. But it has been going on for some time and getting worse. I just may have not noticed it early on. I have been reading quite a bit in these forums about this issue happing to the 65 & 55 in models in this line. And they may also be referenced in a law suit that references bright spots and over heating. This was a significant investment for me. I Would really appreciate some help and resolving this matter. Thank you! Joe

I have been having this issue for some time. I wish I would have noticed it before my warranty was up. But it has been going on for some time and getting worse. I just may have not noticed it early on. I have been reading quite a bit in these forums about this issue happing to the 65 & 55 in models in this line. And they may also be referenced in a law suit that references bright spots and over heating. This was a significant investment for me. I Would really appreciate some help and resolving this matter. Thank you! Joe

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

No worries. Thank you for verifying that information for me. 

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector? If so, try plugging the unit directly into the wall outlet.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources?

• If so, take the Picture Test.
  • If not, test the HDMI Cables.

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

**If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I apologize for the inconvenience. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFToNuR1WVy
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My TV was purchased in Findlay Ohio. Thank you.

0 Likes
userFToNuR1WVy
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My mistake on the model number. Please see attached. Thank you!PXL_20201110_005205373.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

No worries. Thank you for verifying that information for me. 

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector? If so, try plugging the unit directly into the wall outlet.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources?

• If so, take the Picture Test.
  • If not, test the HDMI Cables.

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

**If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

View solution in context

0 Likes
cableguy216
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I have the same issue and discovered that the cause is the LEDs for the edge lighting burning and damaging the light diffuser panel within the TV. there are thousands of samsung customers posting about this same issue over the course of several years. samsung seems to be disregarding this issue. this is obviously a manufacturers defect and it would seem that Samsung would have certainly been able to logically predict that this would be an issue. if there isnt already a class action suite, I'm sure there will be. personally I will hold on to my junk TV that costs several thousand and wait for the settlement. never buying a Samsung tv again becuase of their poor response to this obvious issue. I will also no longer reccomend Samsung TVs to my customers.
0 Likes