Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

UHD 8 Series will not set up WiFi

UHD 8 Series

Part# UN50TU8000FXZA

I have been trying to set the tv via the SmartThings app. Every time I get to the "Enter your Wi-Fi network information below so the device can connect to it," I am able to select my Wi-Fi but unable to enter my password. It may be important to note that my password is 40 characters long.

I tried to manually enter the password via the remote but the TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi either. The router is located five feet away from the TV. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UHD 8 Series will not set up WiFi

Are you able to connect any other device to your Wifi without any issue? Try connecting your tv via ethernet cable and then attempt to set up the tv. Lastly, I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team. They can be reached at 1-866-813-2404 or by email at support@smartthings.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: UHD 8 Series will not set up WiFi

i had a similar issue with a different samsung tv. what I did was connected it via ethernet ( Mine was like 30 feet away) updated the software and it worked like a charm afterwards. hope yours goes smooth.