cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

UN43TU8000FXZA video and sound not in sync

I have read the other posts that attempt to address an issue where the video and sound are not synchronized.  I have run diagnostics, checked for firmware updates, tried adjusting delay, and any other suggestion that others have tried in this forum.   

I run the sound through the TV speakers and connect to my cable set top box via HDMI.  The sound lag occurs on broadcast stations as well as streamed movies.  This is very annoying and appears to be an issue that many others are experiencing. 

I have a service appointment for next week, but has anyone found a solution to this?  The TV is a month old and my other older Samsung TVs do not have this issue. I replaced a Samsung TV that worked in the same spot so this is not a physical cable connection issue.  Same cable box as well.  The only change was the TV set.  (the other TV worked fine, gave it to my college student to take back to school)

Suggestion?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: UN43TU8000FXZA video and sound not in sync

What cable box/service provider do you have?

Highlighted
Constellation

I have Optimum and the box is made by Samsung.  I have tried rebooting the box, unplugging both the TV and the box, and changing the audio settings.  The lag is all the time and more noticeable on news shows where someone is speaking.  I have also noticed it on movies that are streamed.  I do not have a blu ray connected to see if there is an issue with non-broadcast movies.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the exact same issue. Got the tv 2 days ago and was like that out of the box. The previous tv had no issues with the audio.