cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
treborent
Asteroid

UN50NU6900 - Barcode Image flashes down the middle of the screen

Bought two TVs for Christmas and after hooking them up Christmas Day, started seeing an image flash on each TV. The image only last a split-second. First saw it during XBOX ONE gameplay which is seen in image #2. This issue was also seen while watching a show on Amazon Prime (a pre-installed app; image #1). This issue has been seen on both TVs while using the XBOX and while watching content via the pre-installed streaming apps. The most up-to-date software update was installed on one of the TVs and did not change anything. I have always enjoyed Samsung products, but these TVs are a real disappointment. 

Please help...can this be fixed?

Samsung 2.pngAmazon Prime app

Samsung 1.jpgXbox One gameplay

13 REPLIES 13
userJu4TtMepfZ
Astronaut

Re: UN50NU6900 - Barcode Image flashes down the middle of the screen

im having a similar issue. i recently got an xbox 1 x, connected everything simialr to old setup and startup was fine. worked for a couple hours, then started expiercing black screen flickering. got a message on tv saying no signal, and could still hear audio through tv and headset. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would suggest unplugged everything that's hooked up to the TV and see if this still happens. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

treborent
Asteroid

I attempted the suggestion above and unplugged the XBOX One from the TV and watched a movie from Amazon Prime and the barcode flashed three times during one movie. It continues to occur during XBOX One gaming as well.  Any other suggestions?

userhTADuiUn1C
Astronaut

Same issue here as well. Have seen it flashing while streaming with Roku Ultra and Dish Satellite.

userOVcWBrXqGY
Constellation

I'm having the same problem while streaming Hulu through the Samsung app! If anyone figures it out, share the tips!

M50j9k4
Asteroid

Just out of curiousity, does the barcode effect occur in the same spot on each T.V or does it jumps from one location to another? If it jumps, then we know that it might not be a screen defect. Have you try a factory reset or a firmware update to resolve the problem? By the looks of things, it seems that the issue occured every time you load up a a network intensive application. Perhaps that effect might be the result of a slow network connection.

treborent
Asteroid

The image of the bar code appears in the center and and also in a position a bit to the right on both TVs.  This image has also occured while watching a Blu-Ray from the XBOX One. We have installed the software updates and still no solution. 

I will try a factory reset to see if it helps.

treborent
Asteroid

I tried the factory reset and it did not fix the issue. 

AndroidGuy35791
Astronaut

If they're the same TV they may have a build defect and if they're build numbers are close to each other that may explain why as the process may have been hindered within a few TVs