cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: UN50NU6900 - Barcode Image flashes down the middle of the screen

If it is a build defect, then what are my options? Return them both to the store? Software updates and factory resets have not fixed the issue. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Maybe the barcode thats flashing is scanning what you are watching and will be getting ads that eventually to pop up like using your Mobile phone. They keep saying to factory reset and update,yea that does not work and they.probably no it. They maybe hoping that you won't see it then. But the barcode is not supposed to be seen and only run in the back ground. They will have an update and then you won't see it because its collecting Information about your TV watching habits, like google, And will be seeing ads before long. Especially when its on your streaming channels, XBoX see what you r watching, Just my thoughts because they have no answer to it, yet. When they do I bet it will still run in the back ground unseen as its supposed to. Conspiracy Theory. They want to no what you watch, when you watch it and the time of day you watch TV and shows the most.

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same issue. It's a manufacturing defect. I called a service person and the part in question was replaced.

82BF46E6-95C4-48D5-9866-E329BD406CDC.gif

Highlighted
Constellation

You say the part in question was replaced. Was this something you were able to do or did Samsung set something up with you? Have you noticed the problem was corrected? Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

Hey, can you tell me what part was replaced?  I'm loving this Tv, but would love to fix this issue with mine.  Thank you.

Constellation

Have you gotten them to fix tv I just bought my tv and have had it on less then a hour and I as well have the center screen barcode flash.

Highlighted
Constellation

Not sure where everyone  this ine repair process, but a quick fyi - we are having the same issue with our tv purchased in January.  After 3 separate chat sessions where Samsung insisted no one else has reported this issue, I am having a repair person out on Monday.   Can someone tell me what part was replaced?  Samsung has also told me that if no issue is found I will have to pay for the repair persons time, despite the photo and video I sent.

Highlighted
Constellation

Can you tell me where did you get a hold of a repair person?  I am having this issue with my same tv set, just got it yesterday.  Also, where and to whom did you send photo and video?  Thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

I started with Samsung support chat.  Went through the usual unplug/plug back in and then factory reset.  Sent pic and video as a reply to a text they sent me.  They initiated the repaired process with a repair shop in this state.  That is currently set for Monday so we will see what happens.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you! Can you please let me know how it goes?

@userOWMOXKrFq0 wrote:

I started with Samsung support chat.  Went through the usual unplug/plug back in and then factory reset.  Sent pic and video as a reply to a text they sent me.  They initiated the repaired process with a repair shop in this state.  That is currently set for Monday so we will see what happens.