cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarthBaker
Constellation

UN50RU7100FXZA Auto dims on dark screens, no Local Dimming option

Why does this brand new TV and I just set the settings which makes games like RDR2 look amazing BUT this annoying auto dim "no-feature" is making me want to return it (still have 12 days from the store) it effects all modes? (Dynamic, Normal, Movie etc.)

Before anyone asks I've made sure that all ECO settings are off, and updated to the latest FW update (Version : 1303.7). I've even called Samsung's remote tech support and they couldn't figure it out, all they would say is related to local dimming which is not an option in any settings.

I see no "Local Dimming" feature anywhere. I know people on YouTube and Reddit have mentioned other higher models having the option and or in their service menu but according to others this model TV doesn't even have it in that service menu. If anyone can confirm this it would be great.

Anyone else here have a solution? This is a big issue for the price tag where as Vizio and others at $130-160 less have this option.

2 REPLIES 2
DarthBaker
Constellation

Re: UN50RU7100FXZA Auto dims on dark screens, no Local Dimming option

No one else has any comments to add?

Highlighted

Re: UN50RU7100FXZA Auto dims on dark screens, no Local Dimming option

I also have a thread started with no responses.  This happens for me on the YouTube app only.  I have to go into settings and change the picture mode from standard to dynamic mode and back to standard again for the brightness to come back to normal levels.

I have a 7 series 58" with no local dimming settings as well.