Original topic:

UN50TU8000FXZA Class 8 Series TV won’t connect to wi-fi/wi-fi disconnects after I turn TV off

(Topic created on: 11/26/20 12:03 AM)
userrz5bxgCqos
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello,

Sorry for the long text.

I currently have a UN50TU8000FXZA, Class 8 Series TV and I have been having connection issues. I've had this TV for 6 months now and it has worked flawlessly, until now. I have been connected to the same wi-fi since the beginning, and there weren't any issues. Then after I turned on my TV the wi-fi wasn't connected, it told me to check my network connection, which I did, but it would show me that the TV wasn't able to connect to the router. I retried many times, and even reseted the network settings, but nothing worked. I held the power button for a quick reboot, but it still didn't work, so I performed a hard reset, and when I turned it on, it would still not allow me to connect to the wi-fi, so I kept pressing retry and it worked! Then I went to sleep and when I turned on my TV the next day, there was no internet connection again, so I performed a hard reset again, and the same thing happened. I pressed retry many times, and it worked, so I installed everything again, which takes a long time, and then I turned off my TV, and for the third time, when I turned on my TV, the TV wouldn't connect to the wi-fi.

Please help.

What I've tried doing: turning off/on my modem, reseted network setting, factory reset, DNS 8.8.8.8, soft reboot (holding power button). 

I may have tried other things I forgot to mention, but I really like this TV and I hope that I’m able to fix it myself.

Please help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that. What is the current software version on the television? Do you have a different router or hotspot that you can try?

0 Likes
userOK0lFIAIdy
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have this same issue. I have spoken with Samsung and they had no solution to the problem. I am relocating the TV from the bedroom to the livingroom for an ethernet connection so that I don't have to deal with this every other day. 

I know I sure as wished I had not purchased this TV.  This will be the LAST Samsung product I ever buy. 

0 Likes