cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

UN55JS8500 light bleeding

After years of working just fine, I'm now seeing light bleeds along the left panel that started first as a line along the panel and is now showing flaring out into the center of the screen. Best Buy extended warranty has expired conveniently. Paying almost $2000 after tax for a set that will only last just more than 4 years is terrible especially when my 15 year Sony LCD and 10 year Panasonic 32 incher are still working pristinely. I'm really hoping this is not going to be a costly repair or replacement. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

leftleftleftleft

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55JS8500 light bleeding

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your serial number so that we can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I am having the same issue with our UN55JS8500 television. I purchased this television figuring if I spent the extra money ($4000), we would get a reliable, high quality television to replace our defective Sony LCD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Wish I could help you but I'm not getting any support from Samsung in the last 2 weeks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello @BruinRogue,

We have been trying to get in touch with you since Jan. 9th and haven't heard anything back from you. Feel free to send us a private message with your information. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I've been sending private messages from the original one every 2-3 days. Are they not getting through?

Highlighted
Constellation

Same boat as you, UN55JS8500 and left side insane light bleed. Starting on the right side now as well because the sides of the TV get so hot.. This is clearly a defect and we should be reimbursed or have our ~3yr old "SUHD" TVs repaired because $2K should last more than 3yrs of use.. class action if they dont step in and make it right maybe since everyone is having the same problem

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

They're offering a paltry amount which wouldn't cover even a new TV.

Highlighted
Constellation

Wow this is crazy the amount of posts I am seeing with this issue. Mine started with washed out color when watching and now the light bleeding issue and visible white pixels as well. Such and expensive TV to be unwatchable now!