JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-24-2020 01:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
BruinRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've been sending private messages from the original one every 2-3 days. Are they not getting through?

0 Likes
userxVhj2mzWZe
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same boat as you, UN55JS8500 and left side insane light bleed. Starting on the right side now as well because the sides of the TV get so hot.. This is clearly a defect and we should be reimbursed or have our ~3yr old "SUHD" TVs repaired because $2K should last more than 3yrs of use.. class action if they dont step in and make it right maybe since everyone is having the same problem

BruinRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

They're offering a paltry amount which wouldn't cover even a new TV.

user7MUy7KkuEJ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Wow this is crazy the amount of posts I am seeing with this issue. Mine started with washed out color when watching and now the light bleeding issue and visible white pixels as well. Such and expensive TV to be unwatchable now!

0 Likes
useri76PB72cHH
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm experiencing the same bleeding light issue with my UN55JS8500F as everyone else with this model tv. I spend 3 hours on the phone with multiple people and lastly with a supervisor named Onyx. Issue was not resolved. They basically told me to throw my expense tv in the trash during a global pandemic due to the purchase date. Horrible service from Samsung.

IowaJack
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Get the Hisense H9G. Incredible tv at a great price. Blows my twice as expensive ks8000 out of the water. 3 years of ownership and won't even power on. Mods on here won't even reply to my issues. Will never purchase a Samsung product again and I will roam these boards constantly informing people to purchase the H9G. I deserve better treatment for my $1600+ tv.

Iann88
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

Since I can't seem to log in the canadian website I've came here hoping to find some support for this rather unpleasant situation.

My JS8500 is suffering from severe light bleed and high temperature on the sides.

I've had it since March 2016 and payed what I consider to be a considerable amount of money ( 3600$ CAD + taxes) for a product that clearly seems to have manufacturing issues. 

Firmware is up to date and the problem is occuring on all sources.

THIS PHOTO IS NOT MINE but the bleeding displayed is exactly the same as mine

2020-07-30 21_08_49-Window.png

0 Likes
useryjyChFDJoL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

i have the exact same problem  with my set i bought around the same time  model #  UN655S8500  

TV sides get so hot  it hurt my  3 year old  granddaughter  .  Light Bleeding on the edges and  washes out  when anything  that has a  white background  in the Picture  .  Very Disappointed   will never buy another  Samsung  product again  

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Oh no!  I would be more than happy to assist with this!  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please get back to me as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes