JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN55KS8000 Takes 10 minutes or more to turn on

(Topic created: 06-12-2021 11:49 AM)
useruCaySTjigg
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have been having this problem for a couple years now and never really tried to reach out because the television only comes with a one year warranty. I've read about many people having this same problem and I have had no help from live chat customer support. I am a Samsung faithful but the lack of help for a known problem is troubling me and definitely dissuading me from purchasing this brand again.

Are there any known solutions to possible fix this whether it be a capacitor issue or some other internal fix? At least I could try to fix something myself rather than dish out the cost of the television in the first place to get this fixed. Any help from Samsung support would go a long way.

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. When it takes 10 or more minutes to come on does it show the logo as well or make any noise? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useruCaySTjigg
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It continuously will flash the logo on and off but I do not get any sound at all.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is the tv plugged in the wall outlet or a surge protector? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useruCaySTjigg
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have tried both with no luck. I have also tried other outlets with other surge protectors at my house and now a new apartment with the same result.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Based on the symptoms you've described, the unit will require service. Please try reaching out to a local service center in your area. You can use this link as well to locate a service center http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

0 Likes
useruCaySTjigg
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am aware that this needs to be serviced which is why I made the post. I'm very unhappy that countless individuals can have a power cycle or power on problem exactly as I have described three years after purchasing and since the measly one year warranty has expired, Samsung will provide 0 help. Obviously since this TV is no longer being made, Samsung is no longer concerned about the lifespan of their products and the lack of help, accountability or anything from this company has made me extremely unlikely to purchase from them again. It's nice to know Samsung stands by their products. Their KS television line was NOT cheap and the product I have purchased which was premium at the time did certainly not live up to any expectations.

userMJnw8CA8Fq
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same boat here, I have/had a KS8000 65 inch that is a little over 3 years old.  From reports all over the internet it seems the average lifespan is about ~3 years.   After that the cheap capacitors start to burn out on the screen.  

Countless videos documenting this, it's the same failure every time.  Samsung got our money and they could care less if we are left without a product after just a few years.  I have a plasma TV that is 10 years old and still works, tell me how that's possible yet a higher end LED model can't make it to 4 years old.

My original thread got locked.  I imagine they want to control the "press" on this one.