cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

UN55KS8000 Vertical colored lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like this is a popular topic.  I'm so disappointed in Samsung.  This is my fourth TV of theirs, also the most expensive and newest at about 2 yrs 9 mon.  My 42" 10 yr old plasma, 50" 7 yr old plasma, and my 32" lcd are all going strong.   This expensive 4K thing has the lines everyone is talking about and from the other posts it sounds like I'm out of luck.  So many people with the same problem at just past the 2 year mark.  Has anyone found a solution or am I buying an LG tv this weekend?519FF2EB-B438-4DEA-8EBC-D2D4C8FC06AB.jpeg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: UN55KS8000 Vertical colored lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I have your serial number via private message? http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that but it is impossible to see anything other than lines.  Nothing will load. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I have your serial number via private message? http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I came home from work today to find my UN55KS8000FXZA purchased on Black Friday 2016 and delivered by Best Buy on 12/13/16 with the same exact issue. Definitely way too soon for a $1000 TV to go bad. I have tried all connections. Can I please get a private message to get some resolution on this?

I have PM'd Samsung Larry with required info - Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. Is there a fix?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue.  Colored vertical lines.

Model: UN55KS8000FXZA

Purchased in August 2016.  Just last night, as we were watching the tv, it flickered and now only shows moving colored vertical lines on all inputs.  Tried to reset it, but nothing helps.  You can still hear the audio.

In 2016 we purchased 6 new Samsung products for our home.  Washer, dryer, refridgerator, double oven, over the oven microwave and this tv.  The dryer stopped working just before the warranty ended and Samsung fixed it.  Last year, the microwave started turning itself on and had a mind of it's own (Google it - it's a real thing!).  Samsung said it was out of warranty and we had to replace a very expensive microwave that was under 2 years old.  Now the tv!  So just over 3 years and 50% of the items have failed.  Very frustrating, since we have been so loyal to the brand.

Anything you can do for us on this tv?  It sure looks like it is an all too common issue on a very pricey (and up until yesterday) glitchy BUT GREAT tv.

Thanks --

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out! Is this occurring on all sources? Have you run the picture test on the TV? http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/

If you are still seeing lines in the picture test, please send a private message with the serial number so I may look further into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no way to run a test because the TV is all lines using all inputs.  I appreciate your help and will PM you the serial number when I can.  Is it located on the back of the TV?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand. Yes, there should be a tag on the back with the information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.