cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: UN55KS8000 Vertical colored lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV had the same problem starting yesterday.  Reached out to Samsung and they just referred me to the useless troubleshooting part of their website and then said to call for service.  Last time I ever purchase a Samsung product.  The only way to get through to them is on social media.  I’ll also be looking into a class action.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user05buyRfVcb Please send a private message with the full model code, the serial number, and an image of your display so I may see what options are available. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue...  Agree, Samsung doesn't want to do anything about it.

Very disappointing.  

Asteroid

UN55KS8000 vertical colored lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was in the middle of watching tv when my TV suddenly had a yellow hue to it , I simply turned the tv off waited 30 seconds and turned it back on. Yet this time it is covered in colored vertical lines . I have tried unplugging and waiting , removing HDMI inputs etc . Reading into this I'm not very confident this is an easy fix at all . I have had this 4k 55" TV for a little over 2 years now and it suddenly craps out on me . I would love some help with this issue !!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55KS8000 vertical colored lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lou - I have the exact same issue as the original poster. I sent you a PM, can you kindly assist?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have sent them several PMs and they won't respond to me . Smiley Sad 

@userx77H5Z7fAL wrote:

Lou - I have the exact same issue as the original poster. I sent you a PM, can you kindly assist?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you going to respond to my PM ????

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung TV 4K UN55KS8000 Vertical Colored Lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like this is a popular issue going on with the Samsung model UN55KS800 tv. We purchased our tv on 12/5/16 and today 12/26/19, the day after Christmas, while watching standard tv, these wonderful colored lines appeared out of nowhere. I called Samsung customer service and they weren't much help at all. They made me take a photo of the tv (seen below) and text it to some phone number for them to review. Next they have you call this third party company to have them repair it for +$900 because it's no longer under warranty which just so happened to expire last year. Am I really at a loss here? Since when have Samsung products been so crappy?  There must be something Samsung can do to recall this defect and eat the cost of the repair of such a luxury tv, that meets its eventual demise at 2-3 years. As a consumer I feel scammed and cheated. Someone please help!!!

C7B00C23-41B8-43EA-AC78-B43F7E2FBDA8.jpeg

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung TV 4K UN55KS8000 Vertical Colored Lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issue here. TV has been sitting in the same spot since we unboxed it, no physical damage to it. In the middle of watch a TV show, the picture changed to all verticle lines. Basic troubleshooting does not resolve it and phone support is not helpful at all.

Samsung needs to step up their game and acknowledge this issue.