JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN55KS8000FXZA TV, loud boom, sparks flying, smoking. Possible to fix?

(Topic created on: 1/17/21 12:48 PM)
userZDJ3otPShn
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi,

Today my UN55KS8000FXZA just made a loud "boom" sound, sparks started flying out of the back of the TV, then it started smoking. It is a 4 years old TV. Has anyone had this issue before and is this worth to repair or diagnostic by Samsung? And how much do they charge just for diagnostic?

Thank you

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
St3v3C
Comet
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
would be cheaper, and far less aggravating to simply buy another TV, unless you purchased an extended warranty. otherwise, you will get a run around, only to be told it's not covered, and.... I could go on for a while here... in short, buy a new TV, the brand you choose is all your decision
0 Likes
userZDJ3otPShn
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thank you. I have the same thought as well to get a new TV. Have square trade warranty but it expired and i know for samsung tec to come out also costs monies. 

0 Likes
St3v3C
Comet
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
good luck, whatever you choose.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes