cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

UN55KU6500 FX7A High Def/Standard Def Display Incorrectly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a Dish VIP722 DVR that connects to the 55" TV.  When HD (High Definition) channels are selected the picture is to large and the picture is clipped, When SD (Standard Definition) channels are selected the picture is almost correct, but has some clipping.  The DVR is functionsl and has been for years.  The TV did not exibit the clipping problem until the software update #1233 was auto installed. Using the picture setting the centering or expand/contract features for the HD have no effect. Using the picture setting the centering or expand/contract features for the SD have some effects, but do not correct the display completely.  Here are the details of the TV:  Model UN55KU6500 FX7A, Version FP01.  Is there a way to revert back to a previous software version to be sure the problem really exists in the update?  (You know, if I didnot know any better I would have guessed the HD function is damaged)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: UN55KU6500 FX7A High Def/Standard Def Display Incorrectly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Test other inputs using the dish receiver.  That lead me back to dish.  Discovered that the dish remote has a button (*) that pushed places the video in several video modes: normal, zoom, sreach, partial zoom and grey bar.  When I selected the normal for HD and the normal SD, all works fine. "BANG" sound of hand hiting forehead.  ;-)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you tries performing a factory reset on the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just performed the factory reset.  The same problem exists. I did note that when the HD channel playing and then the remote button is depressed it shows the channel information (i.e. channel, program, and the HD faded logo) at the top and directly below it show a message that says stretched.  Would this indicate that the Dish DVR is not presenting a HD signal and the HD signal is actually a SD signal stretched to the 9:16 size?  Before I started to troubleshoot this issue, I reset the Dish DVR.  Do you have a method to test the Dish DVR? Maybe another TV?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have any other HDMI devices connected to the television? I would check different channels on the DVR or call Dish regarding a replacement. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have a Blue Ray DVD player attached to a different HMDI channel.  Will text after the Memorial Day activities.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Test other inputs using the dish receiver.  That lead me back to dish.  Discovered that the dish remote has a button (*) that pushed places the video in several video modes: normal, zoom, sreach, partial zoom and grey bar.  When I selected the normal for HD and the normal SD, all works fine. "BANG" sound of hand hiting forehead.  ;-)

View solution in original post