cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJP8ZL
Asteroid

UN55KU6600 - sound glitch in apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recently got the UN55KU6600 model Smart TV, for the first day it worked great but out of nowhere I encountered a strange glitch. I went to open YouTube and started a video, immediately upon starting the video there was a loud clicking/buzzing sound that blares through the soundbar. Tried Netflix, same thing. *BZZZZZZZZZZ!!!*
At first I thought it was my optical audio cable crapping out, so I tried a different source and it worked so I thought that was definitely the case. But then I switched over to my PS4 and the sound worked fine through the optical cable.

Once I learned that it was just occuring in the apps, I unplugged the optical cable and realized that it is ONLY occuring using any of the apps and it ONLY makes the sound through the optical port. TV speaker sound is still fine in apps and games, but the soundbar will make this awful noise every time I use an app with the soundbar on via optical audio out.

Very frustrating, very annoying, very disappointing. Is there any fix for this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55KU6600 - sound glitch in apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. Can you please go into your settings and make sure your digital out is set to PCM rather than Dolby? Please let me know if you still have this issue with these settings. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're very sorry to hear this, TJP8ZL! Can you please go to Menu>Support>Update Software>Check for Updates; to ensure you are on the most current software version? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

TJP8ZL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gave that a shot. Said there were no updates available currently.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. Is this sound bar a Samsung device? If so, can we have the model number of this? Thank you. 

TJP8ZL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is a Vizio soundbar. Though the problem clearly is not the sound bar, but the TV. The sound bar works fine for the HDMI inputs of the TV, but all the apps will just bug out every time. If needed I could try and make a video demonstrating the issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to verify, you only have this issue through your sound bar while on an app? Is this only with the Youtube app? Also, can you please try the following: 

How To Reset Smart Hub

Important: Everything will be removed and you will need to agree to the terms and re-download your apps again.

1. Make sure that Smart Hub is not open. You cannot reset Smart Hub while it is in use.
  2. Press the Home button on the TV remote.
  3. Select Settings in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
  4. Select the Support sub menu.
  5. Navigate to and select Self Diagnosis.
  6. Navigate to and select Reset Smart Hub.
  7. You will need to enter your owners PIN (Default is 0000).
  8. Smart Hub will reset and you will receive a Reset Complete confirmation message.
  9. When you access the Smart Hub again you will need to activate it again as you did when you first setup the TV.

Thank you. 

TJP8ZL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it only happens in apps. Not just YouTube, but every app. I've already tried resetting the SmartHub to no avail.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. Can you please go into your settings and make sure your digital out is set to PCM rather than Dolby? Please let me know if you still have this issue with these settings. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

TJP8ZL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was on Dolby, the switch to PCM has now fixed the problem it seems! No more buzzing through the sound bar Smiley Very Happy
Thanks for the help Drew.

userYLRmd0Jdl1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have no sound from digital output through the Smart Hub apps. Youtube, Hulu, HBO, Netflix, etc. This wouldn't be a problem if the tv had any other outputs, but it ONLY has a digital optical output. It works fine with Direct TV, but automatically turns off with any Smart Hub app. This is really frustrating. The digital out should just output the sound the speakers make, it shouldn't turn off for certain apps.