UN55MU6300 firmware appears corrupted

(Topic created: 09-28-2021 06:01 AM)
Chomyn
Pilot
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Model Code: UN55MU6300
Software Ver: T-KTMAKUC-1209.3, BT-S

I have been having a lot of issues with my Samsung Smart TV 4K and it seems the software is corrupted.

(a) home hub does not work half the time, I have to unplug it to get it to work, but once I exit it, I am unable to use it.

(b) I am unable to install any apps, says no free space (even after factory reset)

(c) unable to dock apps to home screen, says no more room

(d) certain settings do not work, and I am not talking about greyed out ones, just a regular setting I cannot turn on and off.

(e) I have to use Alexa to switch HDMI ports to go back and forth between devices.

There have been issues with turning it on and off which may be a power issue, and earlier a black screen when the home hub was working when I switched HDMI ports (though this is no longer doing that since I am using Alexa).

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello! I do apologize for the inconvience this has caused. Have you tried to update the current software if you haven't already? Also, can you try the following steps in the link provided: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108742/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Chomyn
Pilot
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I tried that but it says "No updates available"  Is there a way I can reapply the update from a USB Drive?  If so how?  I tried that, but the TV saw it already has the most updated firmware and won't reinstall the latest firmware?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

You can update it using a USB here is the download for the file in the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0052162 here is also the directions to update using a USB: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224 just also want to confirm if possible do you remember if the TV was updating then it powered off during the update? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Chomyn
Pilot
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I did exactly that, downloaded the firmware, formatted and put on the USB drive as directed, went Software Update, Update Now, Do you want to search the connected USB device for update files?, selected YES, says Latest Version, There are no new updates for you at the moment.

Not sure how I can reflash the firmware to the TV. Request Support and Remote Management does not work either.  One of the bugs in the software.

I have factory reset network, the tv, and smart hub multiple times with no results.  The TV is only about 4 years old.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

So that I may look further into this please send me a private message with your full serial number? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Chomyn
Pilot
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I've already chatted and tried to troubleshoot with Samsung on the live chat option to no avail.  I can't even get into the settings on the TV anymore.  I am having an authorized repair person come look at it to see if it can repaired.  I hope it doesn't cost a lot of money, though if I do have to replace it, it definitely won't be another Samsung.

0 Likes
Chomyn
Pilot
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Wanted to say that I had an authorized repair person look at it, looks like the Main PCB and WLan needs replacement.  About $457.62 including parts, labour and taxes.. OUCH 😞 wanted to thank everyone for their assistance.

0 Likes