cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

UN55NU6900 DARK VERTICAL SHADOW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PURCHASED IN NOVEMBER OF 2019.  VERY DISAPPOINTING.  IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING SUPPORT ON THIS PROBLEM.  I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A TV THAT DID THIS.  AFTER READING COMMENTS, IT SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH SAMSUNG.  THEY NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT.  THEY WANT ME TO UPDATE MY SOFTWARE, BUT I FEAR THIS IS NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM, BUT WILL DO IT.  STAY TUNED.  IMG_7898.JPGIMG_7918.JPGIMG_7920.JPGIMG_7922.JPG

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55NU6900 DARK VERTICAL SHADOW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, if you are experiencing the symptoms above confirm the following:

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector?

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources?

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Omg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur on all sources? Also does this occur during the picture test? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 4 chats with technicians, and doing the picture test multiple times and updating the software, a tech is coming out on monday to fix it - i hope for good.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, if you are experiencing the symptoms above confirm the following:

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector?

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources?

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungBri Yes it is hooked up to a surge protector. I have tried t on all external devices and done a picture test all with the dark line still there. I reset it to factory and left it unplugged all night and all of today, I just checked it and it is still there. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank for the soultion was having the same issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why do you say it is solved? the problem continues and I see that many are affected.
This failure is occurring on televisions that are no older than a year and a half ... therefore without guarantee
The repair cost is more than half the price of the same television.
So why do you say it is solved?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 4k samsung smart tv is only going half black (or really dark shadow) on the right side of the tv to about the middle. Any suggestions to fix this? I tried to see if I could run a update but nothing was there.

Model # UN55NU6900

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone. If the television is out of warranty, you may be subject to a charge.