JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN65JS8500 Light bleed and dimming

(Topic created: 08-31-2021 04:42 PM)
userMPXycXf3Y9
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased a UN65JS8500 a few years ago. I’ve been experiencing worsening light bleed for a while, but now the brightness of the screen and contrast are deteriorating as well. The TV is virtually unwatchable in a bright room, and many scenes are even difficult to see in a dark room. Is this a known issue? Are there any potential fixes? I’ve tried just about every combination of picture settings I can think of, but it seems to make little difference. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this is something that will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this is something that will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes