JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN65JS8500 SUHD Edge Bleed and Heat

(Topic created: 02-28-2021 06:04 PM)
userjTPVB8W5Km
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Like others, I’ve read the hundreds of posts about the edge bleed on some of the SUHD models. Mine has had issues since about 2018 (Bought in mid 2016). It seems to be getting worse and the heat along the rear edges is nearly too hot to the touch, so I’m cautious about even keeping it on for long. 

Has anyone achieved any success at all in getting this repaired? Is it even repairable or is the TV just defective and any fix will be right back to this spot in a few years? I realize Samsung is going to do nothing, but how about getting an at-home repair and the costs? 

I’d like to avoid tossing a $3000 TV in the trash after 4.5 years of total use and only getting about 1.5 years of use before the defects began. 

3 Replies
userjTPVB8W5Km
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Missouri

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes