cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN65JU650DF 4K smart tv automatically loading CBS news smarthub app after 1 minute

@usernntOxJToKd The app is created and supported by CBS. Have you tried a Smart Hub or factory reset?

usernntOxJToKd
Constellation

Re: UN65JU650DF 4K smart tv automatically loading CBS news smarthub app after 1 minute

The last samsung update started the problem and it is up to samsung to fix it. Samsung support said to disconnect the internet. This makes your smart instead dumb!

userZTJts4RCZq
Astronaut

- I am having the same issue - where did you find the icon to help resolve the issue?

userJiVpqtrXO2
Astronaut

We have the same problem and I used the link to send you a message for help.
users9euDNKFrT
Astronaut

CBS All Access App

I have this tv and all HDMI and apps work great with the acception of the CBS app.  When I use the app I have a spot in the top left corner of TV that is about the size of 1/4 of a dime that is dead. It is a black dot.  I unplugged the TV for 1 minute and it did not correct the problem.  I only see this dot with this app.  Is my TV messed up or is this an app issue.  How can I fix it?  Should I just go ahead and return the TV?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: CBS All Access App

As this is not occurring with any other app or video source, you will want to contact the CBS All Access developers for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userQ6SfFmh3h5
Constellation

Lou.....this seems a little unfair.  Please give us some guidance on how to contact CBS All Access.  Also, this is an app that can’t be deleted from the television.  Samsung should fix this.  If we had the option to delete it, I’d say your solution of contacting CBS might be reasonable.  This is the equivalent of Apple placing a system breaking app on the iPhone that can’t be deleted and telling people to call someone else for help.   Samsung should be helping here or finding a way to allow us to delete the app.

userKJGFzIU3Xm
Asteroid

You must to be kidding me, Samsung force this app on my TV and forbids me to uninstall it, how is this the app developer fault? If I download an app and don’t like it I can uninstall it but if Samsung push an app as a core app in my TV and is defective Samsung MUST take care of the issue.

Seriously thinking about returning my TV to the store or even sell it and get a nice LG TV

userhaQhQPCYLW
Asteroid

Respectfully, that's a ridiculous and completely unacceptable response.  As other users experiencing this issue have already noted, if the issue is an application that is forced upon owners of Samsung Smart TV's that cannot be removed/deleted, then this is absolutely Samsung's responsibility to address and resolve.  The company has now been on notice of the issue for months, and apparently done nothing.  It's about to lose a significant number of customers, and we are taking this to social media to let everyone looking for TV's over the upcoming Black Friday that they should absolutey steer clear of anything with a "Samsung" logo on it, since these products are faulty and the company does nothing to stand behind/fix them.

jpayne
Constellation

I came in search of a solution, but decided to try my own.  Went into privacy settings and made sure to decline any new ones I saw.  Then I went in to the smart hub and did the lock option on apps.  Selected all the ones that auto installed.  Hans't done it the past two times I've turned on my tv.  Maybe its a fix?