cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimb0
Asteroid

UN65KS8000 dark vertical shadows/stains developing

I absolutely love my UN65KS8000, and it's probably the best set I've ever owned, picture quality-wise, so I'm concerned that the set is exhibiting some obvious issues with what looks like dark shadows or stains emanating from the bottom of the set along the left half of the display. It was only visible on white scenes months ago, but has definitely progressed to the point when it can be seen across any background. I'm assuming it will keep getting worse until it's too distracting, which would be a shame. What are my options for trying to fix or have this problem fixed? Or at least troubleshoot (besides power-cycling). Appreciate any help or assistance!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN60KS8000 dark vertical shadows/stains developing

Do you notice this concern on all sources of the TV and have you tried replacing the HDMI cables for the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Jimb0
Asteroid

Hi,

I have indeed checked all sources (including using built-in apps), used different HDMI cables, and it's still the same issue unfortunately. I've tested it every way I can think of.  The problem doesn't vary at all.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Jimb0
Asteroid

Just sent a PM, thanks!