JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN65KS8000 - uneven picture brightness/light bleed?

(Topic created on: 3/8/21 7:06 AM)
DaveMoseley
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Hi there,

I bought a Samsung model UN65KS8000 TV on January 15th, 2017.  By 2018, I began to notice small areas (almost like 'cracks') where the picture was lighter than the overall image, but as they were confined to the lower corners of the screen, I ignored them.  By last year, a longer 'line' of light had appeared straight up the center of the screen, and began distracting our family.  Now, the entire center 1/3rd of the screen is noticeably darker, and many programs are a struggle to watch.

Please see photos below, ignore the reflection of my bathroom door - the color/light difference is NOT due to sunlight coming into the room!

20210305_122118.jpg

20210305_122040.jpg

20210305_122106.jpg

20210305_122109.jpg

I have attempted to register my serial number with my Samsung account, but the serial and the model number is not recognized.  Upon further investigation, it appears that repairs for this item are no longer offered.  It also appears that this is a common problem with this model of television, with many buyers experiencing similar issues after two years.  (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/65-KS8000-dark-shadow-center-of-panel/td-p/4...)

For a high-priced television from a reputable company such as yours, I am disappointed that either a) you believe the lifespan of such an important piece of equipment as a television to be only four years (my Panasonic plasma I purchased in 2013 is still going strong), or b) that a repair service is no longer offered for what is clearly a defective product.  I am especially disappointed when I compare my experience with my KS8000 to that with my Galaxy S2, S5, S8 and S9 phones, all of which work as perfectly today as the day I bought them.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss whatever options you can offer to solve this ongoing issue.

Thank you,
Dave Moseley

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your full model number and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your full model number and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userLlxR3kb5jd
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Were they able to help you, Dave? I got exactly the same thing going on with mine. 

0 Likes
DaveMoseley
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
They were not! I gave Caleb all the information necessary, was told to call a dedicated CS line a couple weeks later, and the person on the phone told me... There was nothing they could do. No explanation for why I had to call them just to hear that, either... Could have been told that in a DM here.

Incredibly disappointing level of care for such an expensive item, and the only thing I can do is convert my Samsung devices to other brands and not support them in the future. First up is an LG CX TV, then other appliances for our new kitchen.
userLlxR3kb5jd
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear that.  I guess I’ll be doing the same.  My brother has the same model and his panel went completely out. They did cover the repair a few years back and he’s had no light bleed issues since . There’s obviously a huge issue with their panels for that model.  I guess  I’m done with Samsung then, too.   Maybe I’ll give Sony a try. I’ve seen some good work out of them lately.  

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes