Original topic:

UN65KS8000FXZA- power cycling. Tried replacing main board and power board

(Topic created on: 3/16/21 5:13 PM)
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Hey guys,

I'm pretty frustrated, as I have a UN65KS8000FXZA Samsung 65" TV that has been power cycling over and over and won't ever turn on. 

I had a TV repair guy come over since its out of warranty (charged me $100 to look at it) and they recommended to get a new main board. So I went to eBay and got a new main board labeled as a PC15 or BN94-10751C from a TV with a cracked screen that was guaranteed and tested to work. Sadly this did nothing and the power cycling continued. 

Then I as a precaution and got a power supply board from a used model with a cracked screen, (also guaranteed to work from the seller and was tested) part number CN07BNxxxxx with Rev R.D. This also did nothing. Power cycling continued. 

So I've tried a "new" main board and power board too! Still does the same exact thing. 

If I unplug the cable from the power supply board to the motherboard, labeled "20" the backlight lights up ! Sadly nothing on screen display. 

I am running without the "one cable". I unplugged the speakers and checked all connections to make sure its not shorting out on the metal chassis. 

I removed the lower LVDS metal cover panels and inspected them for damage or burnt resistors or capacitors and it seems to be on good condition 

What else could be causing this? I'm desperate for help and I keep shelling out more money on a dead TV. 

"20" cable removed from power board to main board, **see backlight illuminated*

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I would be more than happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Side note... I did trouble shoot the remote control.

I tried using only the power button on the bottom of the RED LED under the TV. When plugged in the LED is solid red. After pushing power, the backlight illuminates momentarily and the red light turns off until the TV cycles over and over again.
0 Likes
BnidasMo
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I was able to fix mine. I followed this youtube video and couldn't believe it worked. https://youtu.be/E6gkuTP7Lt0
0 Likes
BnidasMo
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue on my 2018 MN: QN75Q6FNA. Seems to be a common issue?

0 Likes
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Yeh very common. Hoping the Samsung Moderators jump in and see what help they can offer.
0 Likes
BnidasMo
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I was able to fix mine. I followed this youtube video and couldn't believe it worked. https://youtu.be/E6gkuTP7Lt0
0 Likes
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Thanks for your reply. Sadly I tried this before as well. I found some other videos on YouTube with my exact model and I used clear packing tape. No luck. I tried both cables and moving the tape around. ugh. so frustrating . I appreciate your time.
0 Likes
user6aqmjx8PNZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Any ideas friends?
0 Likes
userqHjPyqHGpo
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Not here, I am having the same problem with my UN65KS800DF, made in January 2017. Amazing that it would break just four years into its life. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I would be more than happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes