Original topic:

UN65KU7500 black shadow

(Topic created on: 1/29/21 7:40 PM)
user91hIE9XBWf
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Black shadow appeared right center of the tv.  It is out of warranty and only 4 years old.   

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, if this occurs on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user91hIE9XBWf
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

You don’t have any service centers near 75033. 

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am showing 2 service centers near you.

NISIUSA INC

1345 Valwood Pkwy. Ste.304

Carrollton, TX

1-972-488-0001

CN ELECTRONICS SERVICE

908 Audelia Rd Ste 200-123

Richardson, TX

214-434-0203

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userUm0WQfXAA4
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same issue. My TV is only 1 year and a few months. All of a sudden the black shadow appeared and it doesn't go away. Scouring through this website for solutions; I've instead come to find out that this particular issue is a known and prolific, widespread. Samsung doesn't provide any responses on the forums either. Instead, the individual users are asked to contact them privately and who knows what happens then. 

The first inital response is to say if you are out of warranty, you are out of luck. When folks push further, suddenly a solution presents itself. This is akin to being sold a lemon of a car - Samsung knows the problem existed for years and they continue selling the TVs with no fixes. That's not a warranty issue, that's a lemon situation.

I've talked to customer service and I'm getting the run around like you don't know what - I've been told twice already that the repair costs would be covered. Then I call back for further instructions or wait for a phone call that never comes and then I'm told, that my memory is incorrect, that because I'm out of warranty, I'm out of luck.

Got to get the word out that this is a serious issue. Samsung has yet to come out to say, here's the fix. I'm getting on Better Business Bureau which also has thousands of logs of the same complaint on their website. Also posting on Twitter and Reddit sites so individuals contemplating purchasing are aware of the many complaints on this particular problem.

0 Likes