JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN65MU800D - "No One Connect Mini detected. Please check the connection."

(Topic created on: 11/18/17 9:33 PM)
tabarijeffries
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just bought this tv on November 12th, and finally hooked it up today. Right out of the box, this is what is showing on my screen.

IMG_5314.JPG

Both ends of the cable are connected (on end into the television, the other end into the One Connect Mini box). I am stuck at this screen. The remote only allows me to power on and off. The only other button that gets a response is the voice command button, and it pops up an error message because I haven't connected to the internet yet.

How can I fix this error? Straight out of the box and I can't even use it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number of the television?  If this happens at first turn on and the unit has already been unplugged and the firmware has been updated all with no success, then a new one connect box and/or cable are needed. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
53 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Are you still having trouble with the one connect?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userNDQDxWMbtD
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

ran in to same issue, can I get the resolution in next 5 mins pls 

0 Likes
userNDQDxWMbtD
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Got it working... just reverse the cable between one connect & TV..

userJgS9yyRSea
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same issue.  I even tried the reverse cable option to no avail.  Suspect/hoping it's a cable issue, otherwise this will have to be returned.

0 Likes
usercZvarAqS8f
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Any luck fixing it or did you have to return it? I just got this issue right out of the box.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number of the television?  If this happens at first turn on and the unit has already been unplugged and the firmware has been updated all with no success, then a new one connect box and/or cable are needed. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
userl8EEnhipEj
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same issue with my UN65KS8000FXZA.  It's 16 months old and suddenly can't find the One Connect.  Spent useless time chatting with the Samsung support folks who couldn't seem to understand that this is obviously a KNOWN issue and that switching the ends of the connection and turning it off and on over and over isn't working. AND as mentioned by others - the remote will ONLY turn the tv off and on even after repairing it over and over and over.  His resolution was to send me to the repair request which will cost ME money as it's 4 months out of warranty.  WELL DONE Samsung - you just lost a customer for life because you created a crappy connection box that clearly has issues and won't help your customers when your product fails.  SONY here I come to spend another couple of thousand dollars  . . .

SkyYYZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I've read that the One Connect cable is the culprit.  I wall mounted the MU8500 in my bedroom, but made sure the cable had generous freedom between the TV and the (swivel) wall mount, to avoid any excessive pulls or sharp bending near the connections.

0 Likes
user1OSYLZJOe2
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I've seen this issue with the OCM on numerous forums and it is a [REDACTED].  I have the same issue on a similary 65": 2 year old TV and it simply stopped working.  Turn on the TV and it attempts to restart until I disconnect the OCM.  Cable can be left in and it's fine so it's definately the OCM and confirmed by Samsung.  Now I have to spend $200.00 on a new OCM so I can watch my $2000.00 TV!!!

0 Likes