JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN70TU7000 Chimes every time someone walks past it.

(Topic created: 09-08-2020 06:29 AM)
userBb53wEKKZO
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there!

I'm trying to figure out how to turn this feature off on my Samsung Television. Everytime someone gets close, it makes an obnoxiously loud chime and I can't seem to find out how to turn it off. I have a Samsung Sound Bar but the chime activates whether the soundbar is on or off. I have a nintendo switch attached, but again, whether attached or not does not impact whether the chime activates. Help me please. Otherwise, I love this tv.

userboqGrHwLFR
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This solution did not work. I have turned off tapview on my phone and even deleted the app. It is still chiming when the tv senses any vibration. 

0 Likes
critterlyn
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
CHIME FIX

clipboard_image_1606628910899.jpg

0 Likes
Members_900B8DO
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Im sorry, but this is not a fix. I had this turned off when I searched for the answer and it still chimed (about 6 times in a minute actually) just throwing it out there because this needs a real solution. 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recommend giving the unit a factory reset. If this does not help, service may be required.

0 Likes
userP6SaBukRCb
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same thing happens to my Q90T, no soundbar attached even. Just the TV. 

I think even the neighbours upstairs are able to set the chime and the blue droplets off...

Or, and I'm not sure if coincidental or not... but it could be triggered by a loud bass thump?

Anyhow... I was glad to find this solution because I have been going bonkers for days

0 Likes
userDboyzpbzfN
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm having the same issue with my 65in TV which I have had for about three weeks. I have a chime that goes off when it senses a loud noise in the room or if I walk past the TV. I tried turning off the Smart Things app but that didn't do anything.   Any help to fix this problem or steps to disable the chime would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
userkgYONQD4vW
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Were you able to get any resolution to this issue? My t.v. is doing the same thing. Thanks!!

0 Likes
LuigiWA
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Had the same problem, contacted support, removed Smart things app, turn off tv and make sure to turn off/on the phone/device where smart things was installed.
0 Likes
userutgijFxC5r
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the exact same problem with my TV. I disabled the Tapview in Smartthings on my phone. Every time someone walks by the TV, it chimes. How do we get a new TV or get this one fixed? It's only a month old!

@userBb53wEKKZO wrote:

Hello there!

I'm trying to figure out how to turn this feature off on my Samsung Television. Everytime someone gets close, it makes an obnoxiously loud chime and I can't seem to find out how to turn it off. I have a Samsung Sound Bar but the chime activates whether the soundbar is on or off. I have a nintendo switch attached, but again, whether attached or not does not impact whether the chime activates. Help me please. Otherwise, I love this tv.

@userBb53wEKKZO wrote:

Hello there!

0 Likes
usergJBx2002gA
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Did you resolve your issue , my tv was doing the same , turns out it was my sonos soundbar , I turned the smart hub off on the tv settings and it sorted it out 

0 Likes