JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN70TU7000 Chimes every time someone walks past it.

(Topic created: 06-23-2020 04:49 PM)
userBb53wEKKZO
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there!

I'm trying to figure out how to turn this feature off on my Samsung Television. Everytime someone gets close, it makes an obnoxiously loud chime and I can't seem to find out how to turn it off. I have a Samsung Sound Bar but the chime activates whether the soundbar is on or off. I have a nintendo switch attached, but again, whether attached or not does not impact whether the chime activates. Help me please. Otherwise, I love this tv.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That chime is the Tap View feature that gives users the option to allow for Multi Screen between your smart phone and the TV. You can disable Tap View from the SmartThings App Settings on your phone to stop the chime.

View solution in context

23 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, how long has this been occurring? Also, does the chime happened when the TV is unplugged? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userV3px6gmorf
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi I found a solution after I fallow the instruction  it work after I disconnect the TV and turn my phone off at the same time and the chim sound stop when I turn every back on. Its like reset everything hope this help good luck.

0 Likes
userHEUA4XOPhF
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

i'm having this same problem with my 55". It's only when the television is on, it mutes with the sound. I can make it happen if i stomp on my floor, but sometimes it randomly does it, sometimes multiple times in a minute. I spent an hour on the phone with tech to no avail, and am awaiting a service call this week. It only happens when I am home and my phone is near. No notifications pop up on my phone or the screen, it chimes over every input and source channel. I deleted the smartthings app and it turn off my wifi and bluetooth on my phone, and the thing still chimes. It's a 3 week old television and it's been doing it for a week. Help.

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same issue with a recently purchased Frame 55LS03TA.  It is very annoying.  TV is practically unusable as mine also not only goes off with movement but low frequency sound.  In essence the tv if playing loud enough will set off the dinging every 10 seconds.  On the frame a chime dings with a thin blue line traveling around the bezel and drops of blue water/paint drip from the top bezel.  I have shut the adaptive sound off in the menu and manually shut it off by the switch on the lower bezel.  I unplugged it overnight.  I have done a factory reset and disconnected the tv from SmartThings.....Help!!!   Spent an hour with customer support and they were no help.0C4864DE-E176-46AF-B005-140F77CAA4AB.jpeg

0 Likes
critterlyn
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Did the service repair fix it? I'm about to have a mental breakdown!!!
0 Likes
userwteMDTWTyy
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm experiencing literally the exact same thing. My TV is about 3 weeks old, and it's been doing this for a couple days. Anytime I walk by, tap my foot near the TV, or if I'm playing a loud movie on the TV it chimes during the movie. It's the most annoying thing. I've reset the TV to factory settings and it's still doing it. I've disabled the Tap View like suggested, and it's still doing it. I don't know what to do at this point. 

0 Likes
critterlyn
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
CHIME FIX

clipboard_image_1606628848625.jpg

0 Likes
critterlyn
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
CHIME FIX

clipboard_image_1606629378494.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That chime is the Tap View feature that gives users the option to allow for Multi Screen between your smart phone and the TV. You can disable Tap View from the SmartThings App Settings on your phone to stop the chime.