JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN82NU8000 fades to black

(Topic created: 07-09-2021 08:33 PM)
userKhxlD9kntP
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My UN82NU8000fxzc recently started having the picture fade to black (sometimes just a straight cut to black). When this happens all other functions of the TV seem unaffected (audio still works, WiFi is still active, remote still functions, etc)

I saw another posting on this but it didn't say what the problem was or how it was fixed but it was marked solved.  

Serial <hidden>

Version fa01/unu8000

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service. 

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service. 

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.