cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

UNJS8500 light bleed and heat

My UN55JS8500 is currently deteriorating with light bleed and extreme heat. I'm concerned that the heat produced could pose as a fire hazard. Please help me with resolving this issue. I believed when purchasing a premium TV from the SUHD line up that I would get a much better product

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UNJS8500 light bleed and heat

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Very sorry to hear this, your television may just be experiencing a hardware issues. This is something that requires an in home service. That means a technician would need to be sent your house. You will need to call Samsung, the hotline is provided in the link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are having and they will be able to set you up with an appointment to have someone come and take a look at your television to fix it for you. As to any fees , they will let you know once they check the warranty status of your tv.