JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 04-05-2020 08:35 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
userekNCOpZyQ5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Dear Samsung

My UE55JS9000 TV has the same symptom, at the edge there is more light and the middle of the screen there is no backlight.

The edges of the TV are very hot!

Do you have any solution for it? In Hungary, the services cannot repair it.

Thank you 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks! 

0 Likes
userekNCOpZyQ5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

web.png

0 Likes
userxVhj2mzWZe
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same boat as you, UN55JS8500 and left side insane light bleed. Starting on the right side now as well because the sides of the TV get so hot.. This is clearly a defect and we should be reimbursed or have our ~3yr old "SUHD" TVs repaired because $2K should last more than 3yrs of use..

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useroWzzvAzkEb
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same TV and the same problem with the bleed, and it gets hot. What was the solution to fixing the heat and bleeding problem?

0 Likes
useroWzzvAzkEb
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So, I am told that the side of the panels the LEDs have burned through the plastic and that is what is causing the light bleed and is known as a common problem. So, we have a fire hazard and a I was offered $338.70 for the TV. Sounds great for something that I paid over $2000.00 for a few years ago and at the time was the flagship TV from Samsung. After the offer I have not received any more info or support from Samsung. Should I be using this TV, or will it burst into flames like the old Notes? 

useroWzzvAzkEb
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was told not to continue use of the TV Because risk of FIRE and if I do it would be at my discretion. I do miss the Pioneer Elite plasmas. Any other brand of TV worth looking into? LG? Flagship Sony looks good, but prices are up compared to other manufacturers

0 Likes
userSwBTsNxibb
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I to have had the light bleed issues with my un65js8500 that I paid 3k for only to have it be unwatchable after only 4 years of fairly light use. I have spoken to Samsung reps and have sent them pictures of the screen only to have them tell me it is out of warranty and the television tech tell me it would be cheaper to buy a new tv. I guess I'll be getting an LG now.

userNovcHQZMQ0
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My UN55JS8500 is currently deteriorating with light bleed and extreme heat. I'm concerned that the heat produced could pose as a fire hazard. Please help me with resolving this issue. I believed when purchasing a premium TV from the SUHD line up that I would get a much better product