cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Un55nu7100 black shadow on screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I  purchased this tv August 21, 2018 I've only ever purchased Samsung Electronics. We've Always had the Samsung phones since the 1st Galaxy I even just got a refrigerator and microwave when I got the TV. I was even looking into getting a new stove, dishwasher, and washer dryer set but my tv hasn't even lasted 2 years. So it's very possible I Never choose Samsung anymore.  This tv last week got a dark shadow down the center of the tv screen and now it has taken over almost the entire right side. I tried everything to reset back to manufacturer's settings did all self diagnostic tests and it  all faied.  The manufacturer only gives 1 year warranty now my tv not even 2 years old Is No good andI have to pay out ofmy own pocket to fix it or buy a new one. I'm extremely unhappy I cannot Express how unsatisfied I am this is very upsetting. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Un55nu7100 black shadow on screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, if you are experiencing the symptoms above confirm the following:

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector?

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources?

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with you as I bought this TV in Nov 2018 and when I chatted with Samsung all I got was to contact service & they will check it & tell me free of chargehow much it will cost to repair.  Now I cannot even get to the repair support to at least get a cost figure.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, if you are experiencing the symptoms above confirm the following:

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector?

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources?

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv just started doing this today. Been waiting to talk to support for 3 hours now

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same here

the technical service of samsung says that the led bars should be changed since they are short-circuited ... the cost is 150USD + the cost of the technician visit 40USD, since it is out of warranty (1 year 5 months of purchase)

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, it sounds like your television is experiencing a hardware issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. As for a charge, they will let you know once they chack the warranty status of your tv.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to get this fixed?  My tv started doing the same thing, but now the entire screen is black. I still have sound, but no pic!!  What is the deal with Samsung???  I wish they would fix this glitch!!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userOLI1ZomhXR    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello All,

I have a Samsung TV and the right side of it is Black... It just happened tonight.

The model is: UN50NU6900B

Has anyone else had this issue?

Is there an easy fix? 

Is it worth it to repair the TV?

Thanks for any answers or help.