cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Unable to scroll down through sub menus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve seen a similar post but without a proper/well explained fix...

I have just bought a Samsung UNSORU7100F - 50” 4K smart TV. When I access the first layer of settings, I’m able to scroll up and down. When I select ‘General’ (where there are lots of sub menus), I’m unable to scroll down. So I can’t even reset my TV! It’s soooo frustrating!

I have updated to the latest firmware. 

SOLVED! Thanks to the below suggestions. The only way was to have Samsung customer care reset the TV remotely. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ (I used web chat). To allow remote access, hold the Home button on remote til the window appears (5-10 seconds).

Hilariously, having explained the issue and asked them to reset my TV, they suggested I scrolled to the reset tv menu option!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Unable to scroll down through sub menus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue. Samsung chat support resolved it, you may have to open a chat with them to get it to work. They had me hold the home button in the remote until a pin popped up. I gave them the pin and it gave them remote access to do a factory reset which solved the issue.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Thanks for reaching out, are you still having the same issue when you use the original TV remote?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it doesn’t scroll using the original remote or the app.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can someone from samsung support care team assist me reset the tv remotely pls? After pairing my phone to the tv, the problem started 😥

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't also get to agree on the terms since the remote won't let me press ths option.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For remote assistance, please call 800-726-7864 and ask the agent for remote management.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A lot of these settings will not be available, depending on the mode or input you are using on the television. To have everything checked out, you can call 800-726-7864, and ask the agent for remote support. They can connect to the television and assist with your questions.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues after 30 days with the TV. A technician is coming to check it out Friday. I think this is the last Samsung product I'll own.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue. Samsung chat support resolved it, you may have to open a chat with them to get it to work. They had me hold the home button in the remote until a pin popped up. I gave them the pin and it gave them remote access to do a factory reset which solved the issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, hope they can help me too. It's so frustrating!