Original topic:

Universal Remote continues to disconnect from the cable box

(Topic created on: 4/19/21 9:47 AM)
user5sEIbkvCmT
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased my Siri seven Samsung television on April 7, 2021. We are approaching two weeks and the universal remote has stopped Communicating with the cable box. I’ve checked the community boards and this seems to be an ongoing issue with this series of television. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable box to the television and it still does not work when I attend to reset up the device. 

0 Likes
10 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you attempted to run the universal remote set up again on the television?  If you have, are you getting any error messages? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user5sEIbkvCmT
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have done both the universal remote as well as reinstalling the cable box itself. There isn’t an error message, it just does not change the channels. I attempt to manually enter the model number and everything is recognized but the remote will not control the cable box. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you tried making sure anynet+ is turned on? Also if that does not work have you tried a smart hub reset? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5sEIbkvCmT
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I just did and I am further aggravated that I have to sign back into all of my apps and it still does not work. There is an obvious issue with the remotes as I am not the only one having this issue and all of our TVs works perfectly fine. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, the next option can I have your full model number and cable box that you are using? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5sEIbkvCmT
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My TV is UN75TU7000F and my cable provider is Optimum, Samsung box model SMT-C5320

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

What type of universal remote are you using?

0 Likes
user5sEIbkvCmT
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The remote that came with the TV. 

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you contacted the cable provider? What was their response?

0 Likes