Q9FN with Smart hub. 65" ... just purchased in 2019 ... remote has never been dropped , I'm the only user
unfortunately, I'm not having any success with any of these proposed solutions here ..
I spent about 1 hour last night with online chat tech support ... a new remote it being shipped, but say 5 to 12 days!!! I mean, I know that we are in this day and age of instant gratification .. but, 5 to 12 days? Priority mail is like 2 days!
Anyways ... I continue to try the ideas here .. to no solution .. the "Not Available" messages pops up and only the Power Button works.
I even tried to Connect using the Smart Things App on my iphone to control the TV via the app ... but that does not even let me connect to the TV ... says "Offline"
Also, there is no other way to reset the Smart Hub or the TV ... because the menu system asks you to enter "0000" ... and you cannot enter digits using the hidden buttons at the bottem edge of the TV bezel.
So for now ... waiting for a new One Remote ..... Samsung should think of including a cheap old fashion backup remote .. these One Remotes seem to be having issues?!
Well ... the second Smart Remote arrived for my Q9FN 65" QLED .... and it's the same BN59-01300H remote ... and still the same issue!!! The TV does turn on (I was told that the Power Button = RF) ... where as the remaining functions of the Smart Remote are Bluetooth and DO NOT Work ... the message continues to come up. "NOT AVAILABLE".
So ... I had Tech Support log into my TV and they found nothing wrong with my Blue Tooth Card on my TV ... WHY? ... Well, they ran diagnostic ...
CORRECTION: The Smart Things App on my iPhone completely operates the TV!!! Smart Things App seems to work via WIFI (not Bluetooth, that antenna was Off).
However, who wants to use their phone to control their $2800 TV??? ... when that shiny new Smart Remote should be doing the trick!!!
Also .. I bought a cheap $12 compatible remote on Amazon, it arrived in 2 days ... and THAT also works with the TV ... although you can tell the construction is cheap and it's slow to function.
SO what now? I am waitng for a 3rd Smart Remote!!!
I asked if they could revert the TV software to a previous version when the remote was working ... they said they cannot!!
My TV is still under warranty ... and it's sad that a remote issue has not been solved ... and it seems it's been going on for a while now!!
################ UPDATE!!!!!!!!! 10/24/2019 #####################
After several messages between Samsung Online Tech Support and a service ticket opened with a local Samsung Technician ... this problem was fixed today. Weeks of wait!!
I hope this message gets to all those that are experiencing this issue ... so that you do not wast weeks and weeks like I have waiting for Remote replacements, tech messages, back and forth, etc.
1. The issue is the WIFI card inside the TV (I have a Q9FN QLED) ... the WIFI card is inside, bottom edge of the TV panel. The back panel on the Q9FN is all 1 piece, there are no access doors (shame!)
2. Unplug your TV or the fiber optical cable from the back before beginning any work
3. For best and safest access, the TV must be laid flat .. screen side down
4. The rear panel is all 1 piece that snaps on - all around the rear edge of the TV.
5. If you have a wall mount brakcet installed on the back, You must remove it
6. With a white plastic nylon tool that has a blunt edge ... the technician starts at the bottom and goes around - popping up the back panel.
7. Lift off the back panel and set aside
8. The WIFI module is a small 3 inch x 1 inch module at the bottom (you can't miss it) with a small ribbon cable plugged in
9. Unplug the ribbon cable, unscrew the module, remove, and install the new module
10. Have someone hold the TV upright, plug in the Optical power cable and test the remote by pressing the usual two buttons to pair the remote (Back & Play/Pause)
11. Your remote should pair!
12. Turn off the TV and Disconnect the Optical cable
13. Before laying the back panel back onto the back of the TV ... note the shape/position of the small wires that line the inside edge of the TV ... These wires are the snap-on wires that the back panel tabs grab onto
14. Start pressing down at the two top corners, across the tops and down the sides, and bottom edge.
15. inspect that all sides and corner areas have snapped back on .. some areas will requie a bit of pressure on the panel edges (using palm of your hands)
That should do it!
My remote decided to flash red today too. I can only turn on and off the TV. I have held the Back and Play/Pause buttons together for over 30 seconds and nothing has changed.
@usersvpVx4C89Y Try giving this link a shot
Hi, I'm having a problem where my remote won't respond and the red light on my tv keep flashing. I've tried all of the suggestions above but nothing is working? Are there any other things I can try?