cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MB9251
Asteroid

Universal remote not working and red light flashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My universal remote stopped working and the red light is flashing. I have removed the batteries for 5 min to no avail. The power button works, but that is the only command which is functional...

75" Class Q6FN QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2018)

My model # QN75Q6FNAFXZA

What to do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MB9251
Asteroid

Re: Universal remote not working and red light flashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution found: Simply powered off TV, remote paired when powered back up

31 REPLIES 31
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried re-pairing the remote? 

Press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons simultaneously, until the Bluetooth Icon is displayed on your TV screen and then release the two buttons on your Smart Remote.

Your TV will begin pairing with the Smart Remote until a Pairing Complete message appears, indicating that the remote is now paired.

MB9251
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried your suggestion and only got a "not available" message. The red light continues to flash...

MB9251
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution found: Simply powered off TV, remote paired when powered back up

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great! Glad to hear it. 

userRqKWwjdqBR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung 65" Class MU6500 Curved 4K UHD TV SERIAL NUMBER: 06LJ3CDJ603131W MODEL NUMBER: UN65MU6500FXZA screen went black while watching it.  We have unplugged it, tried another power sourse, tried another extentions cord but nothing works.  The remote flashes 3 red lights when you you try to power it on and there are NO LIGHTS on the TV itself.  It is only 15 months old and Samsung says it's out of warrnty!!  OF COURSE IT IS!  A $1500 TV and I can't even get anyone to give me an estimate on a repair visit/cost!!!  

Wow people.  What's the solution here.  Looks like ALL of your TV's do this! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userRqKWwjdqBR I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please send a Private Message here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F with the full serial number of the television? 

userejmtPPlJm9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe you may have a problem with the power supply in the TV.

Samsung had several power supply's that came from the manufactor that installed on the circuit board 10 volt capcitor's instead of 12 volt capcitor's.

This allow the TV to work for a short time but then they shorted out and you end up with no power.

There is a repair kit that can fix that fairly easy but you need a electronics background to do the job. It does come with instructions. You can find this kit on eBay but you need the EXACT Tv model and the power supply board number. The kit itself is pretty cheap but if you have a knowledgable friend that know electronics and can solder well you can get by cheaper than a service call by far!

Good luck

fromrio25
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userejmtPPlJm9 wrote:

I believe you may have a problem with the power supply in the TV.

Samsung had several power supply's that came from the manufactor that installed on the circuit board 10 volt capcitor's instead of 12 volt capcitor's.

This allow the TV to work for a short time but then they shorted out and you end up with no power.

There is a repair kit that can fix that fairly easy but you need a electronics background to do the job. It does come with instructions. You can find this kit on eBay but you need the EXACT Tv model and the power supply board number. The kit itself is pretty cheap but if you have a knowledgable friend that know electronics and can solder well you can get by cheaper than a service call by far!

Good luck

I have the same problem with my TV. Would you mind sharing the link for the repair kit on Ebay? Ty

userhfO2LKwN98
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, we are experiencing the same issue. We follow the steps that your describe and it will work 1 out of 10 times. The biggest issue is I have to do this every time I turn the tv back on. Which is super frustrating. Why won’t the remote stay paired? What is the solution for this?