cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxKbLTUFqLk
Constellation

Unknown Bluetooth device connecting to tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently got back from vacation and turn on my Samsung Curved smart tv and I started to get a pop up alert in the bottom left corner of the screen. It says a new device is detected and asks if I want to listen hear the TV through it now. device name is GT-HD-Transmitter. I have not purchased any new devices since I left and even when I select no for whether or not I want to hear TV sounds through this new device it keeps popping up every 15-30 seconds. Ive gone through all of the menu options and turned off all the current devices I do own with bluetooth to see if that fixes the problem so far nothing and Im going crazy dealing with this popup. Is there a way for me to just turn off the bluetooth for the TV? Or is there something else I can do stop the pop up or block this stupid device the TV is constantly picking up? Any help is greatly appreciated before I smash this thing to stop it

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unknown Bluetooth device connecting to tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually, I have no clue why this one was never answered. But the answer is sadly just as unsatisfying. There honestly isn't much you can do about blocking the connection except for deny the connection each time you can. There is a section in the menu under System Settings I think called Media Device Manager that should allow you to permanently deny a device as long as you know the name of the device that is attempting to connect. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the full model of the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxKbLTUFqLk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model code for tv: UN55JU6700

ive even messed with the sound options where I can automatically deny any bluetooth devices and stop the pop up. Right after i set it to that tho the pop up happened again and has continued to happen. I believe its a neighbors device as it doesnt happen all the time. Typically happens around the time most people get back from work or wake up. Since i work early and get off early in the afternoon i wont always get the notice until a later in the evening

user5YdqmerzvI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, Samsung moderator? You asked for the model and received it. What is your advice?

Is it possible that the moronic Samsung smart TV engineers forgot about the possibility, that alien bluetooth devices might want to connect to the Tv? May that explain your silence?

Btw, same problem here.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually, I have no clue why this one was never answered. But the answer is sadly just as unsatisfying. There honestly isn't much you can do about blocking the connection except for deny the connection each time you can. There is a section in the menu under System Settings I think called Media Device Manager that should allow you to permanently deny a device as long as you know the name of the device that is attempting to connect. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userSToKhOpoz3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously disappointed that Samsung have yet to deliver a simple software update for this issue! This is a pretty seriou access issue... Clicking on an unknown device risks the OS on the TV being infiltrated by all sorts of issues... A simple upgrade to Bluetooth version 2.1 or higher should not be beyond the abilities of your programmers!

userGdegTyFRPg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue. Any solution?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, the only solution at this time is to deny the connection for the device. 

Highlighted
userlB9jJkCBXl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. My solution is to throw out my samsung tv and purchase a difference manufacturer. 

userdZjpPPuYPI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Denying the connection doesn’t help, it keeps popping up asking if you wanna connect to the device or not.

this is so annoying. Perhaps all Samsung owners should get together and initiate some sort of lawsuit