cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pehlm
Asteroid

Re: Unknown Bluetooth device connecting to tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is so annoying! Both wifi-direct and bluetooth are reacting with these pop ups when a device nearby is trying to connect to the tv. Wifi-direct can be dealt with by not connecting the tv to internet, neither by wifi nor cable. But the bluetooth popups we can not do anything about. Maybe it's time to buy another tv, which brand is the best in regards of the possibility to disable both wifi-direct and bluetooth?

Highlighted
userjEt9IjSn1i
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Perhaps Samsung can hire some programmers with more than 6 months experience.

+) I have SOFTWARE_UPDATE = Never ... But this is INGORED by the Firmware.

And so every so often, it FORCE updates  :-(

+) I just want to use the TV as a PC screen .. but every so often, I am informed that somone is using the 'SCREEN MIRRORING' service.  

What sort of moron thought that you would wanted unknown people being able to connect to your device?  

Even a 12 year old might think it dumb.

+) I was updating my Bank Information .. and half way through - somoene was trying to do screen mirroring .. and of course the Samsung defaults to YES - connect to alien device.  I was scrambing trying to find the remote control.

+) Is there some part of the TV we can smash out / drill out to stop people being able to connect to to the Samsung-Dumb-Hub.

Please for the love of god - pay someone like Apple to teach basic software development.

Antony.

userPcLg19XLBi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would love to get together an start a lawsuit.   I spoke with them and asked how is it fair i have to live with this after paying over $1500 for a tv.      They literally said they understand why I’m upset but there’s nothing they can do.  When i asked when an update would be done to fix the issue they just stopped responding 

userDwrrm7iSN9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this issue too with my un65mu800df... it is not in device manager and I cannot permanently disable it.  Please help.  The TV is useless if this keeps happening and honestly, this is far from its first issue.  I'm ready to give up, throw it in the trash and never buy another samsung product again... And I have a long history of samsung... my phone, laptop, smart watch, two other TVs and two blue ray players... all samsung... this is just unacceptable.

userqynBe9vG1k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like most here, I keep getting a notification asking if I'd like to connect with a "BT-transmitter" to play the sound through it. I don't have a Bluetooth speaker set up, but would setting up my own Bluetooth sound system and connecting it stop this from popping up? Didn't see anyone else in the comments suggest this, so thought it might be an idea to work with as it would already be paired with another. 

user4dlrNJUMCg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This doesn't work. This is ridiculous. I was told to canvas my neighborhood and find the device. Disable Bluetooth but then I can't use remote. Hook up my own device so it won't look for it, that didn't work either. It's super annoying there's no answer to this. Other than SUCK IT UP! STUPID Samsung.

userOPZMOWUqSC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this consider solved? It is not. Just got a new Samsung tv and if tech support doesn't have a fix for this I am returning it. This is ridiculous.  I cannot find a way to unpair some rogue bluetooth reciever I have no idea how it paired. 

userguWroSBmxv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve been having this issue as well. Pairing another audio device does not solve this problem. I had to remove the back cover and unplug the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth receiver. This solved my issue 100% only problem is that I have to use an ethernet cord to get internet service. Instead of having a long ethernet connection opted to get an amazon fire stick instead. Just plug it into the tv HDMI port and you can watch Hulu/Netflix/YouTube etc. Through the fire stick. Also, if your controller is Bluetooth it will no longer work either you will have to get another controller that isn’t Bluetooth or just use a small handheld keyboard which is what I use.

Samsung_winTSje
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this happens to me as well but mine is an HD and it doesn’t tell me what device is connecting to it.i never connect to it unless I throw a party. ANSWERS ON HOW TO BLOCK THEM FROM CONNECTING!!!!!

user7gOU4IxKwx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's been bothering me for a long time. I have TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS. (Mostly daily)

First of all, bluetooth pairing requests sending from TV when it is turned off. Therefore you receive Bluetooth pairing request from TV just the turn the TV on . When the TV is turned on there is no requests coming so you can keep the TV turned on and just mute it when you're studying or working

Second solution is more advanced. Random Bluetooth pairing request come to your phone just deny it first and then go to the Bluetooth settings find your TV there and you send the Bluetooth requests to the TV. Remind me to send the Bluetooth request the TV is going to be turned on I'm directly it's going to be connected to your phone without a password. Then you can simply turn off your TV and unpair the device then you will stop receiving the notifications the most important thing is you need to turn the TV off with the remote control not the Samsung smart things