Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Unknown Bluetooth device connecting to tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not solution, 

Some times message popping up  every 5 seconds. And you should every time deny, Its a joke? Real nghtmare

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I'm done with samsung tv sadly.

How is that possible that your programmers never created the function to turn off the Bluetooth as someone wishes. 

This is so annoying and upsetting.

Bye samsung you just lost a buyer from years.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with my Bluetooth. I had smart device's and a foreign phone that connected to my series 7  TV and Sony sound bar. I had to reset the sound bar but I can't seem to turn off the bluetooth on my TV. I went to the device manager and denied access to all the devices or just deleted them from the list. Problem is anyone can connect to my TV because the Bluetooth is visible with the pairing code which is a security risk. It seems another device connected to the TV and started playing games which was coming through my sound bar. I suspect it's next door as they have wireless ear phone's and they are trying to connect to my TV. I just want to turn the Bluetooth off.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same Problem here as well. I am getting "Device Name: TX11S.  Would you like to play the TV's sound through this device? I covers the top of my viewing screen and won't go away. I have no blue tooth devices here, anywhere.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve been having this issue as well. Pairing another audio device does not solve this problem. I had to remove the back cover and unplug the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth receiver. This solved my issue 100% only problem is that I have to use an ethernet cord to get internet service. Instead of having a long ethernet connection opted to get an amazon fire stick instead. Just plug it into the tv HDMI port and you can watch Hulu/Netflix/YouTube etc. Through the fire stick. Also, if your controller is Bluetooth it will no longer work either you will have to get another controller that isn’t Bluetooth or just use a small handheld keyboard which is what I use.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this happens to me as well but mine is an HD and it doesn’t tell me what device is connecting to it.i never connect to it unless I throw a party. ANSWERS ON HOW TO BLOCK THEM FROM CONNECTING!!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's been bothering me for a long time. I have TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS. (Mostly daily)

First of all, bluetooth pairing requests sending from TV when it is turned off. Therefore you receive Bluetooth pairing request from TV just the turn the TV on . When the TV is turned on there is no requests coming so you can keep the TV turned on and just mute it when you're studying or working

Second solution is more advanced. Random Bluetooth pairing request come to your phone just deny it first and then go to the Bluetooth settings find your TV there and you send the Bluetooth requests to the TV. Remind me to send the Bluetooth request the TV is going to be turned on I'm directly it's going to be connected to your phone without a password. Then you can simply turn off your TV and unpair the device then you will stop receiving the notifications the most important thing is you need to turn the TV off with the remote control not the Samsung smart things

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the exact same issue happen to me - the bluetooth notification and then going to the Ambient mode if you actually try to connect. I've owned my TV since August of last year and it is up to date on the latest firmware. It is a QLED 65" [Samsung QN65Q80RAFXZA Flat 65'' QLED HDR 4K UHD Q80 Series (2019) (QN65Q80R)]. I do connect the TV to the internet via an ethernet cable which may have something to do with this solution but I can't be sure.

I started getting these Bluetooth connect device notifications that kept interrupting the program by popping open a window on the top right hand side of the screen. The message read "Device Name: AUX Would you like to play the TV's sound through this device?"

If you answered Yes, it would just spin and then take you to Ambient mode.

Image from iOS (10).jpg

I was not trying to connect with any bluetooth device at the time. I suspected a neighbor's bluetooth speaker was randomly attempting to connect/pair with my TV's audio but we don't have anyone living on either side of us so that was unlikely. After much frustration, we read a post indicating it might have something to do with casting to the TV from Facebook, even if that was done in the past.  We killed the Facebook app but it still would pop up. Finally, we killed all apps and powered down both our phones and iPad and the annoying notifications stopped while the devices were powered down.

Cautiously we powered them back on again and glad to say the notifications have not returned. This worked for me - I hope it works for you too.

I have a suspicion it has something to do with if you ever attempt to "cast" to the TV from a Facebook video on your mobile device because the popups started coming very shortly after we had tried to play a video from the Facebook app to the TV. @BSSOhio  says this doesn't work for him but it might work for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update 24th May 2020 ... I have just bought a new Samsung 2020 Frame TV and connected it with a Sonos Beam soundbar via HDMI arc cable.   One day later these annoying pop up notifications started every 20 seconds and I want to throw the TV in the bin.  

Every 30 secs a notification alert pops up in the top right hand of the screen saying it has detected a device (the sonos sound bar) and asking if I want to play the TV sound through it.  If I click connect it will try connect and if successful the TV just shuts down into ambient mode.  If connection is unsuccessful the alert disappears only to pop up 5-10 seconds later.  

If I click cancel , same thing, the pop up alert goes off only to reappear a few seconds later.  I'm beyond frustrated and hate this TV SO MUCH ! 

UPDATE 9/5/20 Was told by Samsung that the issue was with the Sonos sound bar I had connected via the HDMI.  In fact it wasn't and the Bluetooth devices it was picking up didn't even belong to me.  Had to buy an old Samsung remote and go into factory settings and disbale Bluetooth that way.  This has worked and stopped the annoying pop ups but at the expense of being able to use the smart remote.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a 65" Samsung  UA65RU&100WXXY.  I got constant bluetooth requests which continued dispite cancelling them and trying to block them with the main menu.  It was checked by two lots of Samsung enginners, they couldnt stop the bluetooth pairing.  I reported it as a complaint to Samsung, they said it was a limitation of the TV and that it was working normally.  They refused to replace or fix the issue.  I'm in Australia,  I reported the issue to the department of fair trading.  I don't know if the US has the equivalent.  They investigated and ordered Samsung to refund the TV . I stated in my complaint and it was one of Samsungs requirements under Australian law, that the "TV should work as expected 'and if there was a fault that the person "would not have bought the TV knowing the fault."  I stated this in my complaint and Samsung had to refund me.  Its a known issue that Samsung is brushing off and treating its customers like idiots.  Samsung is calling the issue a limitation rather than a fault and it expects customers to put up with a constant reminder flashing up on screen every 10 -30s.  There is an audible reminder and about 10% of the screen is blocked at the upper right hand side.  If theres the equivalent of a department of fair trading, report the TV.  They know its an issue but its taking a consumer watch dog to deal with each individual complaint before Samsung will do anything about the TV.  I will never buy anything from Samsung again.  Rude, poor, condesending customer service that lies about issues with their TVs.  They also admit its a problem with all there current models.  Steer clear of them and ask for a refund if you can get one