Original topic:

Unwatchable light bleeding

(Topic created on: 5/11/21 2:19 PM)
xCABOOSEx
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Our tv is getting to the point of being unwatchable. The tv is barely over 4 years old. Kind of frustrating as our older Samsung and LG tv's are functioning properly. Tried resetting it in case it was a setting issue and no help there.  TV is a UN65JS8500 model. Any other options besides tossing it out and spending money on another LG tv?

20210511_171005.jpg20210511_171028.jpg

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

If this is occurring on on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Edge bleed and clouding issues are the exact reason I switched to OLED TV's and I couldn't be happier. Good luck.
0 Likes
xCABOOSEx
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We are planning to either replace it with an LG oled or a UST projector in the future. No more Samsung fire hazards for me... 

Humors me that the moderator just pasted a premade message without reading the post though

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Yeah I dealt with edge bleed and clouding issues for YEARS. I hated it. What was supposed to be a pitch black night sky was actually light grey etc. The edge bleed always had the edges of the screen lighter than everything else. Plus I had a bright spot in the screen (clouding). I HATED it. When I first got my OLED (C8) the picture was absolutely phenomenal. No more back lights, each pixel is individually lit and can turn completely off for total blacks. The night sky in movies is actually pitch black not light grey. I will never be going back to backlit TV's. Even my phone is OLED.
0 Likes