cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJ6KTIDglx6
Asteroid

Vertical Lines on Brand New TV

I have a 65” 6 Series NU6900. I just purchased the TV a couple of weeks ago. At times there appear to be be faint vertical lines/shadows from the top to the bottom of the screen. This has been an issue since first using the TV. Any solutions for this? What are my options?

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Vertical Lines on Brand New TV

We are sorry to hear about this. Does this happen with all of the inputs, as well as the picture test?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userJ6KTIDglx6
Asteroid

Picture test is fine. Watching blu rays is fine as well. Its just through cable or streaming that it happens.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you streaming through the Smart Hub or through an external like Chromecast or Firestick?

userJ6KTIDglx6
Asteroid

Streaming through the SmartHub. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just for testing purposes, have you done a Smart Hub reset and yielded the same symptom? 

userJ6KTIDglx6
Asteroid

How do I do that?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

userJ6KTIDglx6
Asteroid

Didn’t work  - the lines are still there on all imputs 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If this is still showing on all inputs, then repairs would be recommended. You are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number for more details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.