JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume not working with remote

(Topic created: 09-14-2020 10:39 PM)
Chrisv909
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

106 Replies
userrz7tRRzqTg
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Done this four times, my thumb hurts and my tv still doesn't work.  Did the other one holding remote 10 inches away from bottom right side that did not work either.  I am truly po'd.  We should not have problems like this with a tv only being used for a few months.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your full model and current software version? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userrz7tRRzqTg
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

All the fixes were making more things not work.  Then hit the light bulb button and all was magically fixed.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

That is great to hear that it is fixed! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLVZBSWOrdT
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@SamsungJam  I need help with my volume problem Samsung. Its stuck and I've been at this for hours with no success. Your product stinks.

0 Likes
userC4xGbxAcfB
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you it worked for me too. I thought it might be time for a new TV. Just saved a bunch of money. 

0 Likes
userUDDTU2svTW
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung has dropped the ball on this big time!  I have made 4 calls to the service department trying to get this issue resolved.  I have spent about 4 and a half hours on the phone with them.  The TV purchased only two months ago is not working. It started with the volume not working and now simply wont respond at all.  Is anyone coming to fix it?  Will they replace this brand new TV?  Who knows I am told to wait another 5 days.  3 weeks with a useless TV!!  So much for being a quality brand or for having great service!

0 Likes
userIn7uqYj1Hm
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just had this issue on my Series 6 TV and it worked like a charm. The way things have been shaking out lately I was thinking I'd have to get it repaired. That wouldn't be all that bad considering how prices have dropped since the first Samsung TV I bought. I think I could get a screen in the 70-80inch range for the price I paid for this TV a few years ago.

0 Likes
userIvYOEQnTNZ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

September 14, 2020

I tried all the funky button combinations and then just decided to run the smart setup again. I did THAT and the sound was restored. 

My TV is about 3 years old and this is first time this has happened. Before running the smart setup I looked at all the other options in the settings area and seemed to notice a few new options including opting in to what I think was included in an "update" from Samsung (around September 13 in the middle of the night) and that was to agree to let THEM remotely access my TV remotely.

It was a 2 step process not accurately described but once I did that and THEN decided to do the smart setup...the sound was returned to variable from both the Samsung remote and the DirecTV remote.

Thanks Samsung...do an update and knock out the sound....brilliant. 

0 Likes
TheEvilQueen007
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
resync the device through the smart thing app
0 Likes